RED FLAG 14NOV2020

TIGER

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The event will be held with ECM available. I'd like to remind everyone that this is a friendly community event. I have faith in the community that they join these events to take part in the mission and have a good time. If someone still decides to blatantly exploit this bug then they will face the consequences.

• Like 1

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

So, just some minor opinions.

The player numbers in Round 2 sort of tipped after a bunch of BlueFor didn't come back after reset. Bluefor needed to do CAP and Strike, while having nearly the same numbers as red who just needed CAP and had more SAMs.

I think the challenge of the sudden change to older Era plus the change in player balance sort of tipped the match very one sided. If it were a CAP vs CAP mission with equal sams, that would be one thing, but it basically turned into a furball of A2A on the border with Red more heavily defended at both high and low altitude. I think if Red was forced to stagger more, if a slight reduction in SAMs was partially needed to compensate for the lack of smart munitions and "balanced teams". With the current setup Blue had not real chance to do A2G missions.

Thanks for everyone who joined and I'm sorry about the warehouse and random failure issues. Neither of them were intentional and from the mission settings it looked like these problems should not have existed. We thought we found a fix, which is why we restarted about 1 hour into it (although I think round 1 was already won by blue at that point). Unfortunately that didn't work out either.

I think the only live solution to blue losing about 10 players in the 2nd round would have been to redistribute some guys to blue from red. This was totally unexpected and I got multiple PMs minutes before the restart that they will not participate in round 2. Anything more would have taken far too much time to implement.

That said I hope everyone had a good time!

I don't think Rd 1 was won by blue at any point in time. Was more or less in the balance still. But random failures grounded all our flankers from the getgo in that round.

Migs took off with EOS and Engine troubles. It was pretty nuts.

However it was still a lot of fun and congrats to all on Redfor for a job well done.

Frankly I don't know why some blue ran off on restart especially that it was them asking for a 20z start time! In my timezone that's 4am. But whatever.

Fun event guys, and looking forward to more!

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I apologize to the blue team.

In the second flight, I crashed the helicopter myself, I think I fell asleep for a split second, it was enough to crash into a tree.:cry:

In the first flight, we completed the task of rescuing the pilot. I tried to smash the f-117, but it didn't get destroyed even after a few rounds.

All thanks.

... I tried to smash the f-117, but it didn't get destroyed even after a few rounds.

So it's bugged still. There has always been an issue with the F-117's damage model.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Great event loved the fact that missiles had to be used wisely and just not load up buses, Red GCI and ATC was really good precise and comms were not cluttered, Random failures actually spiced things up alot was realism having to check the aircraft systems as per realism real life, Bullseye was not 500km away no stutters fps loss no warping that i personally saw of the mission idea on them convoys were cool too not to many moving units. Cant wait for the next one.

... Looks like there were isolated squadrons with their own plans...

You're right about that. However, having one GCI operator for all is too much. Putting them in groups separates them instantly and you get various groups doing their own thing without paying attention to others. I had the other GCI operator with me on TS and we talked a bit but we were mostly concentrating on on "our" groups.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

You're right about that. However, having one GCI operator for all is too much. Putting them in groups separates them instantly and you get various groups doing their own thing without paying attention to others. I had the other GCI operator with me on TS and we talked a bit but we were mostly concentrating on on "our" groups.

I speak more about strategic coordination. It's good to have SA page on Hornet, at least I see aircrafts. But how many targets left, when to push - I need GCI for that.

I speak more about strategic coordination. It's good to have SA page on Hornet, at least I see aircrafts. But how many targets left, when to push - I need GCI for that.

Again, a very good point :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments