HUD Intensity and low light conditions

johnv2pt0

Currently the HUD pops into existence at a fairly bright level after about 6 clicks on the rotary. At night this means it is unusable if you want to preserve any night vision. This seems to be a common problem with DCS modules for some reason so if you can elaborate on that I'd love to know what the source of the problem is.

Can you give us an estimation of where this fix is in your internal cue or if it's a near / long term problem to fix? If it's not on your list (i didn't see anything in bugs) I request it be put on it. Thanks, love the module.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. Example pic of lowest setting attached. While you need a certain level of HUD brightness in bright conditions, HUD repeaters or steam guages make up any difference you might need. Fine control of lowest possible settings are far more important in aviation in general. I think this is overlooked because most people in DCS don't fly at night or in weather. Our multiplayer group routinely flies complex missions at night, so this is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine. At the lowest HUD settings there should basically be no green haze as well.

accba89745f83e6f2547cfccb8b36325.thumb.png.2f4d40a25925c4e9c898b15cc790349c.png

• 2 weeks later...