[REPORTED]Exported display dark

I export the two MFCD's to a second monitor and they display with the same brightness as on the primary monitor, and with good contrast. You need to provide more specifics. Like,

1. which displays?

2. what kind of monitor do you export to? Is it of the same type & Spec as the primary screen?

3. Under which daylight conditions do you have the issue, day, night, twilight?

4. did you try to increase brightness settings for the second mnitor?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1- I’m exporting the mcfds.

2 my main display is a Samsung 27 inch curve 1080p. My mcfds screen are 8 inch hdmi display 1024x768.

3- I’ve tested with all conditions

4 to be near my main screen I need to increase the brightness.

color of the text is different too, green is darker at the exported screen. It’s even different to when positioning the exported one over the main screen

d181c6e355adc2019b27646d4d4efa24.thumb.jpg.63f348b612b5a3f72e53dcf12e203787.jpg

c2f1401625d9f055cbecf07ef89a5263.thumb.jpg.d08571da06e42df1ea27b5b7f0c2e7ba.jpg

42fedbebed945533dd9043ac746a6cd4.thumb.jpg.c39fb87374c6c2b2829e250e41ffdc13.jpg

1- I’m exporting the mcfds.

2 my main display is a Samsung 27 inch curve 1080p. My mcfds screen are 8 inch hdmi display 1024x768.

3- I’ve tested with all conditions

4 to be near my main screen I need to increase the brightness.

color of the text is different too, green is darker at the exported screen. It’s even different to when positioning the exported one over the main screen

I'd love for the MFD's to look like that in VR. You can actually "see" the TAD when the map is enabled. As for the TGP display, that seems a bummer that it is that much darker..

I notice that your brightness rotary selector(s) in game on the dash are set to night - have you tried right clicking them to move them to the day position to see if it changes the brightness on your exported displays?

Sorry, only thought I have - while I use TM Cougar MFD's - I use VR and don't have anything displayed to them via external screens..

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'd love for the MFD's to look like that in VR. You can actually "see" the TAD when the map is enabled. As for the TGP display, that seems a bummer that it is that much darker..

I notice that your brightness rotary selector(s) in game on the dash are set to night - have you tried right clicking them to move them to the day position to see if it changes the brightness on your exported displays?

Sorry, only thought I have - while I use TM Cougar MFD's - I use VR and don't have anything displayed to them via external screens..

Cheers,

Ziptie

The reason why was set to night, is that I was flying at the evening, so I just prepared the aircraft for night flight.

I’ll try to recor a video with extracted displays over the mais display.

My primary screen is a ACER XB270HU, and the secondary monitor is a ViewSonic VA2226w. I find the exported displays significantly more saturated. The TAD map on the main screen, for example, looks a bit washed out and I find the exported map far more useful. In my opinion, it would be helpful to have a method for adjusting Brightness, contrast and saturation of the exported displays. This should be done in the Viewport specification inside the monitor setup .lua files. Actually, I'm wondering whether that's already possible but we just lack the documentation...

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have the same problem. (Images attached to show issue with DED brightness.)

Some sort of brightness offset in the monitor.lua could be an easy fix.

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1680;

y = 618;

width = 417;

height = 417;

Brightness = 100%; (then you can change to 150 or 80 depending of other variables.)

}

1496212210_DEDBright.thumb.jpg.d083eee3385b275fa484c8ee971ea18a.jpg

1163175609_DEDDim.thumb.jpg.b1cdd90c8cc82c39fabc35205d0cf37a.jpg

Before update of August (OpenBeta) exporting DDIs and AMPCD brightness were ok , after update the brightness has dropped significantly and playing in these conditions is frustrating. I have been waiting patiently for this bug to be fixed but it hasn't been fixed so far. It probably concerns a small part of users but I hope Eagle Dynamics takes care it and It solves as soon as possible .

• Like 1

^^ Wow ^^

Yeah that is one heck of a difference. I'm quite out of my element when it comes to exported screens, again the life of a VR user - but I can safely say, I'd kill for the MFD's to look like your extracted ones, in the game. I find the MFDs are far too bright most of the time and require adjusting of the brightness/contrast nearly every time - and then further adjustments as the time progresses throughout the mission.

Hopefully a mod or experienced person can give you some valuable input with the issue - as there is a stark difference from the two for sure.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

do you have a link for that?

It's in one of his new videos showing the new weapons for the new Hog. I forgot which one. It's just him showing how he likes the MFD to look by adjusting the gain/brightness. Nothing you can't do but it does show he thinks the default setting is too bright.

Buzz

It's by the rocker switches on corners of the MFCDs, you have there rockers for brightness and contrast.

But it isn't the problem, problem is that MFCDs on main screen and on exported screen have different brightness level. Yopu won't fix that that way.

I kinda have similair problem with cubesim displays. During night operations, the external displays are al the way down on lowest brightness setting. To actually see something on the exported screens, i have to bump up in-game brightness of the mfd’s to it’s max brightness. Not sure if it is a dcs related problem.

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have merged all the threads here so we can take a closer look at this, it does not seem to be related to one module specifically but to the export process itself. I will ask the team for feedback.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2