[REPORTED] Clock showing negative values

Vakarian

When flying harrier in the night, clock values are displayed as negative values e.g. -2:-55:-32 which makes.

Only place where a correct time is shown is when you press TMR on UFC -> TTT -> UTC. That shows what real time it is now (time set in the mission)

Can this be looked upon? It's really bad not being able to use Night Attack aircraft during the night for any time-specific sorties without having to stop for a minute and calculate correct time.

There are 3 tracks. One during the day where time on a HUD and real time (mission time) are differentiated by 4 hours. Other two tracks shows clock in the negative value.

TimeOK-ish.trk

TimeInNegativeValues.trk

TimeInNegativeValues2.trk

I'm not sure If im understanding this one right, can you help me to understand what you mean? Perhaps we can schedule a time in discord to go over it?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Ok, I see now that I might have not wrote some words I meant...

The issue is the if you look at the clock on the HUD, during night missions it will show time in negative values. Matter of fact, you can look at the screenshot you posted on discord in #razbam-dcs-screenshots, and you will see that the time on the HUD is : -4.-13.-15

That format is pretty much useless. In addition to that, the clock on the right side of the cockpit doesn't show time at all when the time on HUD is shown in negative values.

I edited a screenshot of yours to highlight what I meant.

If it's still unclear, yeah we can go on discord sometime around 1700Zulu so I can try to explain it better

harrierBug.thumb.png.a595d42b02515aaf8d7044bbf2f5946c.png

That was not on a SP mission, it also uses some scripts to maintain a 'dynamic campaign, so I cannot base it on that for sure. Can you demonstrate this on your own in SP?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Ok, given that I obviously made those tracks for nothing, here are mission files themselves.

Also, I did a bit more testing. It seems that the issue is present on Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria maps. I haven't been able to replicate this on Nevada, and I don't have Normandy and Channel maps to test this.

On Caucasus, from 0:00:00 to 04:00:00 Mission editor/Local time the clock on the HUD and the physical clock are bugged and are not showing correct time.

On Persian Gulf, it's the same.

On Syria from 0:00:00 to 03:00:00 Mission editor/Local time the clock on the HUD and the physical clock are bugged and are not showing correct time.

As this is easily replicated, you won't have any issue testing this.

Also, while on this topic, could we finally get the option to show mission editor/local time as default? Or at least the option so we can set it to be shown on a HUD? That way the the coordination between flights when there are multiple TOT events will be easily done without having to wonder if I'm calculating with correct time to begin with.

SyriaWrongToRight.miz

SyriaStartsGoingWrong.miz

GulfStartsGoingWrong.miz

GulfWrongToRight.miz

Caucasus.miz

Ok, given that I obviously made those tracks for nothing, here are mission files themselves.

Also, I did a bit more testing. It seems that the issue is present on Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria maps. I haven't been able to replicate this on Nevada, and I don't have Normandy and Channel maps to test this.

On Caucasus, from 0:00:00 to 04:00:00 Mission editor/Local time the clock on the HUD and the physical clock are bugged and are not showing correct time.

On Persian Gulf, it's the same.

On Syria from 0:00:00 to 03:00:00 Mission editor/Local time the clock on the HUD and the physical clock are bugged and are not showing correct time.

As this is easily replicated, you won't have any issue testing this.

Also, while on this topic, could we finally get the option to show mission editor/local time as default? Or at least the option so we can set it to be shown on a HUD? That way the the coordination between flights when there are multiple TOT events will be easily done without having to wonder if I'm calculating with correct time to begin with.

They weren't made for nothing. I'm simply trying to make sure we get clean variables so the team doesn't have to sift through more information than they need to find the issue faster and get a fix out quicker.

They weren't made for nothing. I'm simply trying to make sure we get clean variables so the team doesn't have to sift through more information than they need to find the issue faster and get a fix out quicker.

Ok, I hope this mission files help and this gets either fixed or explained why this is the correct version soon

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This is related to the clock always showing in Zulu time.

Because the Zulu time is in the previous day when flying in the early morning in the Middle Eastern and Georgian Time zones, the clock in the HUD shows a negative value. This is why you don’t see it at night in Nevada. I reported this about 6 months ago on the RAZBAM discord server.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Problem is being looked at further to see if this is an ED issue or exists within our module only. MArking as REPORTED

• Like 1

Thanks for looking into this :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

NP, I know its hard to get like 5 different .trks so I'm making an exception for you to not have to repost a new set of trks. I have some people looking into this now

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...