Maverick Checklist?

CypherBlue

As it stands, Mavericks are fairly broken right now in some form; at least with TGP, that said, without TGP they're pretty fast and easy to use; literally just hud as soi, slew to target area, mav as soi, FOV zoom, and TMS up until the cross collapses on target and launch.

Personally I haven't been able to get PRE mode to work once, also because my TGP likes to break every time I try to use it with mavericks onboard.

But VIS designation and locking with the HUD is fast and dirty; but it works, and doesn't break... as many things.

Mavericks still like to break the steerpoints though because of the current SPI issue which ... knock on wood will be fixed in the coming patch in two weeks.

I've been able to get the PRE mode to work, however my favorite technique of launching two Mavs at two different targets from the other sim sadly doesn't (yet) work. Mavericks shouldn't care about the SPI, and each missile should have its own target stored, including when not locked. VIS did seem to work much better, though it was still one Mav per pass.

I even used them in BORE, and had some success with that. :) Oddly enough, they seem slightly more reliable in that mode than on the A-10 (though maybe that's because the greater distance I locked them on from).

Hey everyone,

I am struggling employing the Mavs, does anyone have a checklist for them? I would like to place it in my kneeboard so I can refer to it in VR. Thank you!

Everyone is struggling, because Mavericks are broken since their release couple of weeks ago

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat