AI ground vehicles won't reload while fire at point task is active.

NoFear1979

So basically I've set up ground units to only fire at a specific point with a certain radius. Their fire at point is initiated by the condition "part of coalition in zone" - in this case red, which sets a certain flag number to on (100).

The fire at point command will stop based on the condition "all of coalition out of zone", which sets a certain flag number to off (100).

One would think that since the ground units have stopped firing due to the conditions above they would reload while they are in inactive/in standby.

I've noticed that this is not the case as long as the fire at point command is still active (which it is), the units are just not shooting because there are no coalition inside the actual trigger zone of interest. However, neither are they rearming while not firing.

It would be great to see a fix so that ground units are rearming while they are inactive/ in stand by even when they have a active fire at point task designated.

Edited by NoFear1979

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

I've also noticed that a fire at point command controlled by flag conditions on and off, only works once. Which is strange since it should be able to repeat itself.

Also the reload timers on ground vehicles doesn't seem to work as they should with specific reload timers.

I've observed the mortar tubes and the paladin doing their stuff at the same time and it seems like they needed equal amount of time to reload. Also their reload time didn't add up with their supposed reload timers.

Trackhat Headtracker

+1

Ground units are not re-arming.

I set up a single unit, Grad, had it 'Fire at Point' in advanced settings.

The unit fires all its munitions once, then goes back into 'Standby'.

If you enter the unit it shows 'Depleted' munitions. You can start a reload if you like, other wise the unit remains empty.

I would assume expected behaviour reload and keep firing at the selected point, unles ROUNDS EXPEND is checked & amount specified.

It doesn't matter if the unit is at an airfield or out bush with a supply vehicle.

I just ran a CA mission that comes with DCS - Advance on Ozurgetu. I've played this mission a few times and you could always set the MLRS to fire multiple times.

Even after one fire now it does not re-arm.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

+1

Ground units are not re-arming.

I set up a single unit, Grad, had it 'Fire at Point' in advanced settings.

The unit fires all its munitions once, then goes back into 'Standby'.

If you enter the unit it shows 'Depleted' munitions. You can start a reload if you like, other wise the unit remains empty.

I would assume expected behaviour reload and keep firing at the selected point, unles ROUNDS EXPEND is checked & amount specified.

It doesn't matter if the unit is at an airfield or out bush with a supply vehicle.

I just ran a CA mission that comes with DCS - Advance on Ozurgetu. I've played this mission a few times and you could always set the MLRS to fire multiple times.

Even after one fire now it does not re-arm.

It seems the issue has been resolved in the current patch! :)

Trackhat Headtracker