F/A-18c Lighting, mission generation issues

JamesChams

Team,

FYI: saw a few issues today in the latest DCS World (OB) v2.55.6.55960 (Nvidia GeForce 456.71 / HTC Vive Pro):

• F/A-18c from within VC Cockpit (F1) and external (F2) views:-
    - while at night time with NVG Lights on, the green lights appear to be bleeding outside of the Cockpit onto the edge leading extensions; as viewed from within the cockpit view.
    - Wing (starboard & port) lights are bleeding through the wings.
    - Taxi light is way way to bright (almost like Neon Car Headlight in "Bright's" mode).
  • Instant Mission: does NOT make user-selected F/A-18c appear in Mission as a flyable aircraft by default. You have to go into Mission editor after creating the instant mission and place an F/A-18c aircraft in the air or on the ramp/runway.

PS: Video also includes footage of issue posted here:-

• Taxiway B signs appear pink in color, posted in another post here:
    https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dlc-maps/dcs-nevada-test-and-training-range/7113704-taxiway-b-nevada-scenery-appears-pink-in-vr-on-monitor

Thanks for the support

FYI:

System Info.: DxDiag.txt

Video: DCS World (OB) v2.55.6.55960 Lighting Bugs (2020-10-21).zip

Mission File: FA-18c (Evening with Weather) Ready on the Ramp.miz

DxDiag.txt

DCS World (OB) v2.55.6.55960 Lighting Bugs (2020-10-21).zip

Edited by JamesChams

• ED Team

Hi

the video would not play for me. If possible save a short track replay after you exit the mission during the debrief window and attach it here.

I was not able to reproduce the create fast mission problem, I was placed in the cockpit.

please run a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam

Pink sign is already reported.

If possible for future reports keep to one issue per report, it makes it easier to manage

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BIGNEWY,

1. The video is an .avi file that can be played using Windows Media player.

2. I am uploading the same mission I created; In which, after the instant mission was created, I had to go into mission editor and add the F/A-18c as the user aircraft (manually) and then proceed to reload it from My Mission instead of "instant mission" and then use RALT + J to jump into the VC; strange behavior. :|

3. Please look at Mission & .trk Files attached.

FA-18c (Evening with Weather) Ready on the Ramp.miz

JFC_F-18_Dubai_2.trk

But, I will try your suggestions.

Thanks for the support.

Edited by JamesChams

• ED Team

Thanks I am having trouble reproducing the create fast mission problem, it places me in the cockpit, I will keep trying.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2