Cold start INS problem

Hey guys,

I'm cold starting the hornet off a carrier. Turn all the things on, and set the INS to CV for a ship-assisted alignment. Should be about five minutes, yeah? Well it *never* comes out of INS DEGO. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 1070, CV1, PointCTRL

Hey guys,

I'm cold starting the hornet off a carrier. Turn all the things on, and set the INS to CV for a ship-assisted alignment. Should be about five minutes, yeah? Well it *never* comes out of INS DEGO. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Have a look at the HSI, is the time going up and the alignment quality number coming down? If so then sit tight and wait until it reads 0.5 OK. Its not about time, its about quality.

Sheeeit, is it supposed to take half an hour then?! Is there an option to start with a pre-aligned INS like in the mirage? Because I love me some realism, but I aint got time for that.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 1070, CV1, PointCTRL

is it supposed to take half an hour then?! Is there an option to start with a pre-aligned INS like in the mirage? Because I love me some realism, but I aint got time for that.

Should take ~8mins for a regular ol alignment, you can press STD HDG at the bottom of the HSI (PB 19) to do a stored heading alignment which should only take about 90 seconds. Although this option is temperamental, so it doesn't always show and only if you haven't already flown.