[NO BUG]TDC diamond keeps moving off DDI when modes are switched

Recluse

Not sure if this is a BUG or the way it works. When switching sensors in a DDI, should the TDC diamond REMAIN in the DDI?? It does not seem to.

- Put TDC diamond in AG Radar Page

- Make a map, designate a target

-Change right DDI to TPOD (FLIR)

-TDC diamond no longer in right DDI.. SCS Right needed. Refine aim, re-designate

-Return to AG Radar Page - TDC Diamond no longer in RIGHT DDI SCS RIGHT needed

-Return to FLIR - TDC diamond no longer in RIGHT DDI SCS Right needed.

Recluse_RadarFLIR_TDC.trk

I would assume that this behaviour is correct. You don't assign the TDC to the DDI, but to the sensor that is currently active on that DDI.

I would therefore also assume (but haven't verified this, yet) that after you switched to a different sensor and then go back to the first sensor, the TDC should still be available there.

I would assume that this behaviour is correct. You don't assign the TDC to the DDI, but to the sensor that is currently active on that DDI.

I would therefore also assume (but haven't verified this, yet) that after you switched to a different sensor and then go back to the first sensor, the TDC should still be available there.

Not sure about the premise of the TDC attached to sensor vs. DDI, since the SCS is in the direction of the DDI, but I can see that it might be true.. Your second statement was not borne out by my experience (and the TRK). Each time I changed sensors I had to reset the TDC.

EDIT: OH wait, I see what you meant. Change sensors but DON'T put the TDC on the NEW sensor and see if the TDC is still on the original Sensor. I didn't try that, but sounds like a good idea to test. Doesn't help when you need to manipulate both sensors like the case I showed, but I understand why it might operate in that fashion and not be a BUG

Edited by Recluse

If you set two sensors left/right, make left SOI, and then put the left sensor on the right screen and vice versa the diamond will follow the sensor. Also if sensor is hidden but still SOI it is still controllable. E.g. FLIR SOI, change the screen so FLIR is not visible, slew, change screen FLIR visible again, the slew (and other controls too) happened in the background.

If you set two sensors left/right, make left SOI, and then put the left sensor on the right screen and vice versa the diamond will follow the sensor. Also if sensor is hidden but still SOI it is still controllable. E.g. FLIR SOI, change the screen so FLIR is not visible, slew, change screen FLIR visible again, the slew (and other controls too) happened in the background.

I would caution the use of SOI in this instance, as that air force terminology may actually be confusing matters. I can't, however, say whether the behaviour seen is correct.

The terminology seen in NATOPS is to 'assign the TDC' to something, so you might say the HSI has TDC priority or words to that effect. Interestingly it mentions both assigning to a specific function/sensor, eg Assign TDC to the Map SLEW, or Assign TDC to the HSI. But it also mentions assigning to a screen, eg Assign TDC to the MPCD, or Assign TDC to the HI.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2