Dangerzone

With the new forum, has the "New Posts" option being removed? (I can't seem to find it).

I can see a 'recent activity', but it's not the same and seems to be limited to how much it shows. New posts gave a nice condensed list, and didn't double-up on the same topic multiple times IIRC. Is there a hidden option that allows us to view this on the new forum?

I'm scanning around and looking for "new posts" as well. It's been my daily routine to scan the DCS forums as such... My luck, it's probably right in front of my face...

@NineLine - are you meaning the "last activity"?? that doesn't quite give the functionality of the previous "new posts" in the old interface. If so, I need to figure out the navigation.

Seems a clumsy. Click on a new activity item, when finished, I want to navigate back to the listing of new activity items, it throws me back into the forum top level categories.... I'll dig further, maybe it's a customization setting I need to update....

Edited by javelina1
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm scanning around and looking for "new posts" as well. It's been my daily routine to scan the DCS forums as such... My luck, it's probably right in front of my face...

@NineLine - are you meaning the "last activity"?? that doesn't quite give the functionality of the previous "new posts" in the old interface. If so, I need to figure out the navigation.

Seems a clumsy. Click on a new activity item, when finished, I want to navigate back to the listing of new activity items, it throws me back into the forum top level categories.... I'll dig further, maybe it's a customization setting I need to update....

That's what I was hoping too - but I'm not seeing any answers. No RSS feed option, and now no simple way of viewing "new posts".

Edited by Dangerzone

"New Topics" in the top left doesn't work for what you need?

"New Topic" is for creating a new topic (Thread). So that's not the answer.

There is a "Latest Activity" button. It works only within a thread and shows the posts sorted by date Newest-to-Oldest. But that selection is not remembered. As soon as you go to anther thread, that will be sorted Oldest-to-Newest again. What we need is a permanent user option to define our preference. In the previous version of the forum I always displayed the newest posts first, and only if necessary go back to earlier posts.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

"New Topic" is for creating a new topic (Thread). So that's not the answer.

There is a "Latest Activity" button. It works only within a thread and shows the posts sorted by date Newest-to-Oldest. But that selection is not remembered. As soon as you go to anther thread, that will be sorted Oldest-to-Newest again. What we need is a permanent user option to define our preference. In the previous version of the forum I always displayed the newest posts first, and only if necessary go back to earlier posts.

You can make this permanent in "My Profile\User Settings\Account\Conversation Detail Options\Display Mode\Latest Activitiy -> x"

BUT

Latest Activity has a worse format then "POSTS"! No Signatures, no normal Avatar + Infos and it still jumps to oldest post on the last page. not an optimal solution imho.

A (permanent) sort option in POSTS would be much better. But there is none.

EDIT: good thing is, when you switch from LATEST ACTIVITY to POSTS you can see the OP with one click and be back with one very close button.

AND: I miss the "New Posts" button too!

Edited by Tom Kazansky

• 2 weeks later...