New forum vs old forum

QuiGon

New forum vs old forum  

374 members have voted

1. 1. New forum vs old forum

• Old forum was better (desktop user mostly)
    • New forum is better (desktop user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (mobile user mostly)
    • New forum is better (mobile user mostly)
    • Old forum was better (desktop/mobile user)
    • New forum is better (desktop/mobile user)

We have a reputation again? thought that was never coming back.

I actually quite like the dark scheme

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

yeah it's tiny on a 4k monitor and there is so much wasted space on either side, plus if you swap to one of the other styles the forum gets even smaller.

This is not the best implementation of a forum and recently it seems a a good few others are doing the same :(

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

There is no point, as I can't imagine ED reverting to the old software ... we better get used to the newer version.

yeah but id we don't point out the limitations of this new version of the forum how will they know to fix them?

• Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

i love the new forum 1 vote....

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

What do I need to do to get the forum back to work in Tapatalk? Mostly mobile for me and fighting the smartphone keyboard, browser load times and the new design with its tiny font is devastating!

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is there in fact a new posts feature or not? I’m only one guy but thats the deal breaker. If I have to keep checking pictures of a traffic light to prove I’m not a bot, adios!!

• Like 1

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Hi all,

The team is tweaking the forum, give it some time. We know change can be difficult for some. I will need to adapt also :)

I must have missed the memo? LoL...

BIGNEWY is correct: Tweaking and adapting are the order of this day and needed for moving forward!

The OLD Forum UI and Platform was outdated and likely obsolete. A refresh was obviously needed. Maybe there were security risks or exposures on the OLD forum that obviously nobody would want to talk about officially.

Suggestions:

• The best way to adapt to change is to know change is coming - Read the Management Book " Who Moved My Cheese?" - Spenser Johnson, M.D.
    • Using the Weekly News Update or some formal announcement that this change was needed and coming would have helped ease the suffering.

• Can a Sticky be Created that lists any Helpful Tips, Hints and Tricks that will show the OLD and newcomers to DCS how to get the best use of the new forum format and tools?
    • Is there a "New User Manual" for this new "Early Access Forum UI? : )

FYI: Dark mode works for me, but I need to increase my Browser FONT size [CTRL +] up to 125% to read the smaller text. I am sure this will be one of the many tweaks coming in the next few days and weeks.

Cheers.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Removing extra lines to reduce space taken.
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

It's not about getting the old forum back, this was a long-overdue software update, we won't be going back, sorry. We will just push through the issues and get it working as we like, thanks.

Please implement a more modern graphical design / texture for this new software, like other forums do for example the Combat Ace community, War Thunder, IL-2 Sturmovik, Elite Dangerous forums.

• Like 1

The old forum allowed me to see which forums had recent posts. Now I have to go inside each individual forum to see if there have been any recent posts, and it's much harder to see what's new and what isn't.

Visually, the forums look like something I used in the 2006~2009 time frame, and functionally this text box where I'm typing now is akin to the online university class forums I used in the same timeframe. It's outdated rubbish.

• Like 2