Anyone know of a mod to add new countries to LOMAC?

RickB

I think it would be cool to either develop a mod simulating Operation Iraqi Freedom or Desert Storm. Maybe we could tie ththe Desert texture mod and modify countries to simulate these conflicts. Anyone have any ideas as to change the flags and markings on the aircraft?

JJ Alfa some time ago told that he was developing a four-countries addon, that added Italy, Hungary, Portugal and another country, with their own skins and things like that.

But as far as I know he's now busy as a Flaming Cliff beta tester, so I don't know if and when he will release his addon.

I believe it was Iran he was trying to add as well. Yeah, the stuff is there, but the thing is that the CLSID's aren't there, or even part of the Lockon.exe, which "sees" them, and therefore allows them ingame. I had some stuff developed for it, but it fell through. You can always just modify one of the countries that is existing, and modify that through the MEInit.xml

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hi,

You can add new countries to Lock-on - no problem :)

As Starlight mentioned, I already made such a mod containing 4 new countries: Bulgaria, Romania, Portugal and Italy. The mod is working perfectly, and is is all but done. My intention is to integrate this country mod with the MiG-29K one I did earlier - I just havent had the time to make the last "polishing" and wrap it up into a complete package yet :)

I also started working on another "Middle East" one(long time ago), but again failed to find the time to complete it....it was probably also a little too "ambitious" to begin working on two mods simultaneously :lol:

Anyway, until Lock-on 1.1 is released, beta testing this has priority over any of my own mod projects :)

JJ

You must edit the \Me\MEInit.xml file (is in XML). You can also notice that there are four countries ready to be added (Iran, Iraq, Greece and Italy).

Leonardo,

Those entries are there, but they are nowhere near ready to be added ;) ...i.e. they are not complete country entries, but merely loose references to what they should contain :)

JJ

I believe it was Iran he was trying to add as well. Yeah, the stuff is there, but the thing is that the CLSID's aren't there, or even part of the Lockon.exe, which "sees" them, and therefore allows them ingame.

Eric,

Not correct Eric....this only applies to "active" units such as aircraft, ships, vehicules etc.

CLSIDs for countries are not listed in the Lockon.exe - you can generate a new CLSID yourself, assign it to a country entry in the MEinit, and it will work "in-game"......if the country entry you made in the MEinit is composed corretly of course :) .

JJ

Alfa,

I would be grateful if you could add Poland as well :D Just if you could think about it...

I will think about it :D

In fact I already did, and I have a few ideas on how to squeeze in Poland as well - i.e. without exhausting the MiG-29 colourscheme selection ;) .

JJ

JJ,

excuse my poor English, with “ready” I don’t mean “complete”… Probably you are the best who can help RickB!

Your English is fine Leonardo - sorry I misundestood what you meant :)

To clarify,

The existing non-completed country entries have CLSIDs assigned to them, so they are indeed usefull as basis for building up new countries....but they do require a great deal of work to become working entries :)

JJ

I believe it was Iran he was trying to add as well. Yeah, the stuff is there, but the thing is that the CLSID's aren't there, or even part of the Lockon.exe, which "sees" them, and therefore allows them ingame.

Eric,

Not correct Eric....this only applies to "active" units such as aircraft, ships, vehicules etc.

CLSIDs for countries are not listed in the Lockon.exe - you can generate a new CLSID yourself, assign it to a country entry in the MEinit, and it will work "in-game"......if the country entry you made in the MEinit is composed corretly of course :) .

Email me sometime, as I got an Iranian MIG-29 that I sent to Cat, that could use a home, but then again, it's more than just adding the CLSID. And could probably use another project to do.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 5 months later...
Hi,

You can add new countries to Lock-on - no problem :)

As Starlight mentioned, I already made such a mod containing 4 new countries: Bulgaria, Romania, Portugal and Italy. The mod is working perfectly, and is is all but done. My intention is to integrate this country mod with the MiG-29K one I did earlier - I just havent had the time to make the last "polishing" and wrap it up into a complete package yet :)

I also started working on another "Middle East" one(long time ago), but again failed to find the time to complete it....it was probably also a little too "ambitious" to begin working on two mods simultaneously :lol:

Anyway, until Lock-on 1.1 is released, beta testing this has priority over any of my own mod projects :)

BUMP,

any news?

BUMP,

any news?

I havent had time to look at it yet - sorry.

The mod was done in V1.01, so I have to transfer everything I have done so far(which is quite alot of stuff) to V1.1 before I can complete it.

Hopefully I will get around to working on it soon....if there is an interest.

- JJ.

JJ

The mod was done in V1.01, so I have to transfer everything I have done so far(which is quite alot of stuff) to V1.1 before I can complete it.

- JJ.

Well...Im interested

<i7 2600k | 2x HD6950 | 8GB DDR3 | Crucial m4 64GB>

- JJ.

Count me in!

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego