Sim-mod A-10 Problems - report here

I will look at making a compatible meinit at the weekend, but please bear in mind that making 2 mods work together is fairly easy, but making 3 work is a little more tricky...

Add another to that and all the variations that may be possible, and things start to get very hard for us to do.

example... mods available are A, B, C & D. We have to make these packs

A

A+B

A+C

A+D

A+B+C

A+B+D

A+C+D

A+B+C+D

Chances are that i will create an meinit for only the A-10 and the 141, and make the changes for the 141 available seperately in a text file like we have done for the A-10 for people to manually edit their meinit if they wish.

Many thanks for the update Highwayman, obviously you are busy at the moment ..........for me ...... just do it as and when it's not biggie , it would just be nice that's all, and thanks yet again for all of SIM-MOD's help in making this mod

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Brum..Easy buddy :)

We opened this thread for ppl who have install problems :)

Thanks for the thought tho :)

Me bad, Yeni was meant for another post please ignore it

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

GBU's are laser guided, but the A-10A does not carry a laser designator of it's own, so you are not able to target them yourself.

To use LGB's, you should set the target in the Mission Editor. When you fly ingame, that target will be shown with a targeting diamond, which simulates ground forces desgnating the target for you.

All you have to do, is get within range (again, using your judgement) and release the weapon.

Another way ;)

Once you select the GBU the diamond will change to a pipper. Now turn on the Pave penny system, for me that's "O" but I could have reassigned it ,..basically it's the same key to turn on the camera for the Su-25T, and this will start tracking the laser. Now all you have to do is fly so the targeting Que slides down the Fall line and the GBU will release automatically.

If you want to manually release then wait for the Que to slide about two thirds down the HUD before you release the weapon and as long as the Que is anywhere in the HUD the GBU will the target.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

After searching around, I found the following posts regarding GeForce 8 series and full shadows:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29407

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=19868

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25040

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23479&st=0&p=138101&

I have a GeForce 8800 GTX and had the all black cockpit problem with Full shadows. After turning shadows from Full to All Planar, the problem went away. I did NOT have to disable reflections.

Hopefully a driver will be released someday that will fix this problem.

One of the skin have a typo.. "German Europoean" one "o" to many ;)

Noted. Will be fixed in the next skin pack

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alright so if everyone ok with their installs? No more black cockpit because all you do it set the shadows to all panels instead of full.

I believe I only heard of one person experiencing the weird cockpit position and that's tank242 so I believe it has something to do with his install/computer. We probably need more details from him in order to solve it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i have the same trouble with the black windows pit.. in the other hand with the ADA + A10 all good..\

Kungfu all panels instead of full

It must be an other solution because this problem by pass is not a solution .. I'm sure something can be done..

lets try to find it.

Thx

BTW: As soon as you leave the gears down you can see well..

OK here a solution.. I tweaked and tweak to finaly find something that may fix this problem well actually this did fix the problem to me .. ;) And enjoying my "FUll" setting

The problem is located on the "near_clip" many are using it too low so they should try this one.. You can just add this to the graphics.cfg file

GOZR

{

near_clip = 3;

middle_clip = 5.;

far_clip = 80000;

structures = {120, 7000};

trees = {10000, 9000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 40000};

mirage = {3000, 7500};

surface = {14000, 100000};

lights = {200, 150000};

lod = 1.2;

}

Please lets me know if this helped to others.

thx

About the GBUs:

Mine don't release automatically. I fly towards the (marked) target. I get a circle with range information. I fly straight towards it (circle positioned on the center of the HUD) holding my altitude. When the distance counter is somewhere about 4000m (when flying at 10.000ft) I get a "crosshair" within the circle. This can be seen as LA. Releasing the bombs this way is a 100% hit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

About the GBUs:

Mine don't release automatically. I fly towards the (marked) target. I get a circle with range information. I fly straight towards it (circle positioned on the center of the HUD) holding my altitude. When the distance counter is somewhere about 4000m (when flying at 10.000ft) I get a "crosshair" within the circle. This can be seen as LA. Releasing the bombs this way is a 100% hit.

After selecting GBU press "O" and fly to the target as you would for CCRP and when the Cuing Marker hits the bottom of the fall line it will release automatically. The cool thing is if you want to release manually then you can fly quite far off target as long as the Cuing Marker is in the HUD area and you release the weapon when the Que is near the bottom of the hud then you're on target with out any need for guess work.

Found the original post by IguanaKing;

To get them working in LOMAC, you can make use of my A-10 weapons mod, which I'll up-load to this thread shortly. Select a GBU like you would normally select an A-G weapon, fly to get your PAVEPenny within its detection parameters, hit the "O" [letter, not number] key to bring up CCRP mode, then fly the CCRP pipper to the release point. Release is automatic. Deadly as hell against a stationary target, and you need some altitude also. :D

------------------------------------------------

oh God now you guys are checking spelling LMAO

LMAO !!!

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Ok, think this is a different problem - I can't get it to install at all!

I've uninstalled all LOMAC mods using Modman, copied original meinit back into place, and then installed the A-10. But there's no sign of the A-10 meinit file in the ME folder, and when I start the game there's no shiny new A-10 model =(

Btw - i'm using Vista... plz don't tell me this is the prob!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

theGozr

I have used your settings (I created a profile named theGozr after your quote in my graphics.cfg) and is not working.

but...

I can see some shaddows on the leading edges of the wings and elevators and tails...

so...

you might be on something.

I have WinXP Sp2 a Intel C2D 3GHz, 2GB ram, and 8800GT (Gainward) with the 169.21 driver.

I use

8x AA and 8x AF no "optimisations" (High Quality) on a 16/10 monitor at 1680x1050... and vSync ON :) .

Anyone else test those settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Forward Pit Problem

Your system specs:

1.) Your cpu: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2 GHZ

2.) ram: 2 Gigs Corsair

3.) and graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

4.) what is your graphics driver: nv4_disp.dll version 6.14.0011.6928

5.) have you updated or downgrade your driver: Upgraded

Also tell us:

6.) how did you install lock on, what version: Custom install on my F drive (where most of my games go because of the space). Lockon 1.12

7.) did you use the latest modman to install it. Did you replace the meinit file? Yes and Yes

8.) and what other mods do you have installed: Scenery mod version 1.2 Merzifon

9.) Which download link did you get it from? Tried all of the links provided

10.) have you tried redownloading it again from another mirror site? Yes

Inside looking out

screenshot172go0.jpg

But I still have the outside to look at. DAMN

screenshot173or3.jpg

Ok, think this is a different problem - I can't get it to install at all!

I've uninstalled all LOMAC mods using Modman, copied original meinit back into place, and then installed the A-10. But there's no sign of the A-10 meinit file in the ME folder, and when I start the game there's no shiny new A-10 model =(

Btw - i'm using Vista... plz don't tell me this is the prob!

@GunSlingerAUS

I had the same trouble as you mate. Turns out the download i had was a dud. I re-downloaded from the mediashare link and she worked straight away after i used modman to install it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnoyz12uhgg <---link to media share file

The dud download had the name of 'APR 2808 SIMMOD A-10A MODEL'.

The download that worked for me was called 'A-10-1.0'

Hope that helps

Kif

Ive noticed incompatibility with lomac league mod. When you install lomca league mod, position of the missiles and bombs on pylons is incorrect (it is moved to side). to resolve it you simply install by modman again a10 mod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Live to fly, fly to live, do or die, Aces High!!!

I Have also noticed that the SU -25T is flyable as US and has many differant paint schemes such as aggressor etc. But they all are the same skins. Could someone plz clarify what this is all about.

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hum what do you mean "But they all are the same skins" Same skins as before yes they would be there are no new skins for the Su 25 T. Included with the A-10 A new model's CDDS skin pack so I am not sure what you mean

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.