Manual - when?

hreich

Design is correct; we will not be releasing the manual until we feel it is complete and accurate. That will probably be about one month prior to the game being released.

Obviously, when we will see manual that means the sim is finished. One month is for preparation to realese - printing boxes, dvds in huge number of copies for stand alone edition. How many copies do you plan to release?

Edited by Poko24

Well Yes I know Wags is correct about getting the manual 100% right, Hey I'm still excited, Fingers crossed it will be out sooner than later, However that said, take your time guys and do whatever it takes, so we get the best heli sim possible. My only concern is, how many of the hard copys are you guys planning to print, As by the sound on here every man and his dog is wanting one, and I'll be gutted if they run out..

Keep up the good work, while it may be tiring keeping us baying dogs at bay, at least you know that DCS will sell :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Obviously, when we will see manual that means the sim is finished.

Once its put in the publics hands then the real testing will begin.

:pilotfly::joystick:

this will be one of the greatest helicopter sims ever released...

I will be excited just to get the manual... :thumbup:

The FAQ says: "The DCS: Black Shark manual will be very comprehensive. It will cover in detail the Ka-50 and its systems, flight and combat operations of the helicopter, and the game interface. The manual will be approximately 500 pages long." Will these systems be primarily the navigation and weapons systems? or will things like aircraft limitations such as engine operating temp. and oil pressures etc. also be modeled and therefore required to know?

or will things like aircraft limitations such as engine operating temp. and oil pressures etc. also be modeled and therefore required to know?

Yes.

In fact I bet we'll see a lot of 'bug reports' due to people not having read or understood about those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

To sure,

Dude, almost all your post are asking about the release date. Drop it. The answer will always be the same, when its done. Don't troll around here.

wow, he is probably just excited like the rest of us who don't get to TEST it everyday like you...and he is a potential customer, telling him to leave is probably not a good idea....

:)

wow, he is probably just excited like the rest of us who don't get to TEST it everyday like you...and he is a potential customer, telling him to leave is probably not a good idea....

Have you read all his posts? I want you to count how many have "When is it coming" in them. He seems to have a very "I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday" way of asking about the release date, which makes him seem like a troll. Seriously, I wonder if this is his first PC game. Has he NEVER been aware of a product before it was released? I made a post somewhere on these boards about the delay on Diablo II in response to him! Waiting 2, 3, 4, even 5 years for a game is something I've done in the past and probably continue to do for the rest of my life. If this is genuinly his first time, well, it won't be his last!

:)

Have you read all his posts? I want you to count how many have "When is it coming" in them. He seems to have a very "I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday" way of asking about the release date. Seriously, I wonder if this is his first PC game. Has he NEVER been aware of a product before it was released? I made a post somewhere on these boards about the delay on Diablo II in response to him! Waiting 2, 3, 4, even 5 years for a game is something I've done in the past and probably continue to do for the rest of my life. If this is genuinly his first time, well, it won't be his last!

Like i said maybe he is just excited, and if i worked at ED just for the fact that he has asked so much, He would be the first i told...

o and your not the only one who has waited for a game most of us here were right there with you waiting..:thumbup:

It's over, guys. He trolled the forums, he was given a warning. He appears to have stopped. Let's leave it there, as discussing moderation in public is not only against the forum rules, but will quickly lead this thread to a lock.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Don't close please. Let's talk about something else. Will manual include airfields diagrams if we would find enough data? I guess people from russian section will bring more info about them since some of them live near by. I'm very unfamiliar with procedures for helo, how to behave in traffic, etc. If I do something I would like to be sure I do it correct - even simple take-off.

That would be cool. I wander what do they plan for the cover. Some airfield info would be cool also.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

As has already been said, I can personally testify that creating a manual is incredibly labor-intensive and takes a long time to complete. So be patient :)

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Hey multi, how are you doing. I can see you're looking forward to this sim too!

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5