Producer's Note #4 - Navigation

Kusch

Trying to put the Ka-50 with this level of detail in Lock On would have created am unprofessional, schizophrenic, Franken-sim.

This makes me laugh a lot....

Funny point of view XD

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Also. I wanted to make special note of the great winter textures that Rocky has created and the outstanding details that Grandsurf has added to the airbases. You can see both of these in this latest video. Well done guys.

this sim looks like trouble to me

Anyone can see right away from this nav video that the DCS Black Shark is uniquely placed to break up relationships, marriages, loss of gainful employment, and long-time friendships of whomever submits to it's dark power. Dammit Wags! I've got 33 years on the line here!:helpsmilie: Can hardly wait for the next producers' notes.

Again, kudos to DCS for working with the Sim-mod people to enhance the world of Black Shark. Very immersive.

Flyby out

• Like 1

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Anyone can see right away from this nav video that the DCS Black Shark is uniquely placed to break up relationships, marriages, loss of gainful employment, and long-time friendships of whomever submits to it's dark power. Dammit Wags! I've got 33 years on the line here!:helpsmilie:

:megalol:

Put a Right Smile on my Dial that did!

:pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I like it!

:D

:megalol:

Put a Right Smile on my Dial that did!

:pilotfly:

never heard that one before!:thumbup:

also Maybe the Black Shark could be renamed the "Home Wrecker" :smartass:

Its looking more and more polished, impressive detail. Watching the video is great training and also very enjoyable, especially the moment when Matt nearly hits the ground at 17:36. I take it you hit the test button on the audible alarms after to see if they were actually working!hehehe. Gave me a "look out Wags!" moment. And another one at 25:36 when you are approaching the fence. Would love to see a blooper reel if it exists (go on, call it the damage modelling video).

I have a feeling that my family will not being seeing much of me at night once this thing is released.....sleep is for the weak anyway.

Cheers!

hehe. DCS: Home Wrecker

For those of who who are under the false assumption that DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator, I can tell you that saldy you are mistaken.

DCS = Divorce Court Settlement

This is because it is all you will have left after your partner has stripped you of all of your other assets whilst you are transfixed to your monitor :D

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... 140 people downloaded the video.

...and I was one of them. Thanks for putting it up.:thumbup:

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Very nice I got a few more labels out of it for my pit :) I here that the sound in the pit when the door is opend is fixed as well. I saw a few other things I will keep to myself :D But over all im loven it. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Very nice - the NAV systems/AP seem relatively straight forward & intuitive to use.

DCS world is looking very good.

Thanks a lot for the video.

The next note will be the Shkval sensor and helmet mounted sight. After that I will start the weapon notes

Great - hopefully anything after that will be post release :-)

OT & Going back to my post about forum & DL speed - on average about 20 - 25 seconds to load a page of this forum, 2 - 3 seconds to load a SIMHQ forum page (on producer's note 4). Roughly the same performance from work...

I'll put something on the forum issues page

Cheers.

schizophrenic Franken-sim
This should be our motto, Matt :D

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Well i just learned that my brother, who flies md-82, has never learned fully functionality

of FMC (flight management computer). He knows only abot 1/3 of options available, and it is enough for him to fly it from point A to point B. I wonder will i know more stuff in nav system of Ka-50?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

For going from A to B in BS you can pass like your brother. But in case you have to hit something in relation to A or B then it might get a bit complicated.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

tell me it ain't so!

For those of who who are under the false assumption that DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator, I can tell you that saldy you are mistaken.

DCS = Divorce Court Settlement

This is because it is all you will have left after your partner has stripped you of all of your other assets whilst you are transfixed to your monitor :D

thanks Highwayman,

now ya got me worried. it's bad enough the wife has control of EVERYTHING now, and keeps my manly member in the freezer. now, if I show a little passion for Black Shark I doubt I'll find a judge that would even let me keep my little piddle-pouch!:cry:

Flyby ouch err.. I mean out

Another question

How much deviation could accumulate the Inertial Navigation System of the Ka-50 in a flight? ( per hour or per 100 kilometers )

Because the Ka-50 range could not be very large and in a typical combat sortie ( thinking in a main base 100-80 Km from the FEBA, and several FARPS only 50-30 km from this line ) this deviation could be very low to need the introduction of navigation correction points via Shkval or other means.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4