f22 or f35?

skypickle

Highly unlikely. ED's prerequisite for building new models is that they have access to enough in the way of appropriate documentation and SME's. The levels of classification around the F22 and F35 mean that there's not enough in the public domain to make those aircraft viable options of DCS in the near future.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Thanks 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Oh, it's that time of the month again.

f22

Just fly F-16 then F-5 in the same mission. Simple math (16+5) tells you that makes an F-21, which is very close to an F-22. :lol:

Also, a pure air superiority fighter like the F-22 would be pretty boring in DCS World. Especially since current AI adversaries are already totally outgunned against the F-16/F-18. At least the F-35 is a multirole jet...

• Like 3

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Probably not going to happen for probably the next few decades.

And besides what are they going to fight? The majority of assets peak before the 90s, save for the GREENFOR JF-17, 2-3 tanks, and a few Chinese ships... Personally I'd be more interested in aircraft from the 60s - early 90s.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

How accurately modeled are the systems tho? Likely not very

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

wow...I just found that X-plane has it

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/asdu35

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/f35bv2

You understand that probably 95% of the systems modeling they have is guesswork though, right? There is no way in hell any real info is actually available on the public domain, for a 5th generation fighter jet that just entered active service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

wow...I just found that X-plane has it

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/asdu35

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/f35bv2

There is no control over plane performance from third parties in XP or FS. Nothing stops you from making a plane go Mach 2 at sea level without AB. They probably guess the performance of that one based on adverts and articles about it, which is basically unverifiable.

ED requires third parties to have significant documentation about a plane before making it a module. This cannot happen for a new plane that is highly classified. But if all you care about is flying something that looks like it is an F35, go to this XP module or find a mod. There’s probably one with F15 avionics so you can even shoot missiles and play pretend. But it will fly nothing like the real deal.

• Like 3

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Well on one hand the F-22 is a noughties aircraft which happens to be contemporaneous with our F/A-18 and F-16 and also happens to be out of production

But on the other hand the F-35 seems about as tailored to the export market as say the F-16 and JF-17 so there is a distinct possibility for either :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well on one hand the F-22 is a noughties aircraft which happens to be contemporaneous with our F/A-18 and F-16 and also happens to be out of production

But on the other hand the F-35 seems about as tailored to the export market as say the F-16 and JF-17 so there is a distinct possibility for either :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even if that were the case, they still have absolutely nothing peer to fight, nor will they have anything peer to fight for the foreseeable future...

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Are either of these going to be modeled?

I am just surprised you are even asking about this considering you joined these forums in 2016. I guess you have either not being around much or you still have not caught on to the requirements needed to develop any aircraft into a module.

I recommend seeing this interview with ED to get up to date on the latest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 12:49 AM, skypickle said:

X Plane has it because its not a combat focused sim, quite alot of systems in most fast jets for xp11 arn't modeled. the purpose of fast jets in xp11 is so that civil aviation simmers can try out what its like to just fly these aircraft without learning about all of the weapon systems etc. the majority of the systems in xp11 fast jets are often just the Devs taking creative liberties to make an aircraft a little more indeapth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The F-22 is not even allowed to be exported (which is kind of why it's out of production in the first place), so no, not any time soon and likely never.

The F-35 is not happening any time soon, and could not happen even if it were not classified, because all of its "flagship" systems like fancy datalinks, AESA, EW suite et al., are something that likely can not be implemented in the DCS engine right now. I do think it will eventually be a flagship ED product like the Viper or Hornet in, say, 15 ish years though. Too many are being built for a realistic module not to sell like hot cakes.

4 hours ago, Bravelink03 said:

I mean, who wouldn't want to fly the world's leading distributor of MiG parts

And yes, in the meantime we desperately need the Phantom. That nickname alone demands a DCS module.

Edited by TLTeo

59 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

The F-22 is not even allowed to be exported (which is kind of why it's out of production in the first place), so no, not any time soon and likely never.

The F-35 is not happening any time soon, and could not happen even if it were not classified, because all of its "flagship" systems like fancy datalinks, AESA, EW suite et al., are something that likely can not be implemented in the DCS engine right now.

Exactly, plus they will have absolutely nothing to fight, fighting mostly against Cold War assets.

I do think it will eventually be a flagship ED product like the Viper or Hornet in, say, 15 ish years though. Too many are being built for a realistic module not to sell like hot cakes.

Probably, though even then it might be a stretch.

And yes, in the meantime we desperately need the Phantom. That nickname alone demands a DCS module.

Absolutely, and preferably in at least a USAF and USN variant.

• Like 2

System: