Possible to slave TGP to pre-planned target?

ZBoT

So for example say I enter pre-planned coordinates for a JDAM. Can I slave the TGP to those coordinates without creating a waypoint? I realise I can create a waypoint, switch the JDAM to TOO and slave the TGP. Just curious if it can be slaved with PP. Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Thanks! That is what I figured but wanted to confirm.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

I just like being able to enter coordinates into PP mode and fire and forget. Instead of having to designate a waypoint, fire, designate another waypoint, fire. So much easier to just ripple them off without having to change waypoints. It would be handy though to be able to slave the TGP to the PP target though so I can keep an eye on the hits.

I had the same question for the same reasons here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/291493-question-on-jdam-pp-targeting-and-tpod

Pretty much the same answer :) Definite advantages to Fire and Forget with multiple PP targets vs. WP/MarkPoint targetting. You don't get to see the fireworks as well, though

I had the same question for the same reasons here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/291493-question-on-jdam-pp-targeting-and-tpod

Pretty much the same answer :) Definite advantages to Fire and Forget with multiple PP targets vs. WP/MarkPoint targetting. You don't get to see the fireworks as well, though

Thanks! I wasn't aware you could set QTY > 1 with different mission points and ripple them all at once. I am going to have to try this.

well, if you take the time to punch in the coordonates in pp, why not taking thz extra 2 sec to create a navigation waypoint from one of the coordonates so the pod can look at it to enjoy the Kaboom?

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

well, if you take the time to punch in the coordonates in pp, why not taking thz extra 2 sec to create a navigation waypoint from one of the coordonates so the pod can look at it to enjoy the Kaboom?

I had the same question and the answer that made sense was if you had MULTIPLE JDAMS with different target points that weren't in the same field of view, you could just drop all the JDAM's and not worry about switching WP's to view each impact. For a single target or if all the PP targets were in one spot, you could probably just create a WP for one of them and watch all the fireworks. Less work programming multiple PP JDAMS than programming multiple WP's and using TOO to Desginate each one for each bomb.

well, to be honnest with you, Igenerally mannage to ripple 8 jdams without too much problems using pod designation and too mode. Even if TOO is not really made to work that way.

Now that we have MK points it's even easyer as you can assign 8 mkpoints to 8 different target and drop all in one pass.... easy

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

well, to be honnest with you, Igenerally mannage to ripple 8 jdams without too much problems using pod designation and too mode. Even if TOO is not really made to work that way.

Now that we have MK points it's even easyer as you can assign 8 mkpoints to 8 different target and drop all in one pass.... easy

If you create the MK points for 8 targets, don't you still have to cycle each one and designate each before releasing each JDAM? When I'm flying into the "hot zone" I want everything setup so I just have to press the pickle button and just worry about any countermeasures. Perhaps I'm missing something here though.

If you create the MK points for 8 targets, don't you still have to cycle each one and designate each before releasing each JDAM? When I'm flying into the "hot zone" I want everything setup so I just have to press the pickle button and just worry about any countermeasures. Perhaps I'm missing something here though.

Once you create the Mark Points (outside the Target zone, or Mark and fly away) you can feed them to the JDAMs one at a time, but once all 8 are programmed into all the TOO targets on the stations, then just PICKLE them off..

• Like 1

you can do that without markpoints in a much straightforward manner:

move tgp to target, switch TOO1 to TOO2, move tgp to target, press step - do this line 4 times, thus feeding in 8 different targets total, except the last "press step" which youll replace with undesignate.

then when launching:

launch 4 bombs, then for another 4 bombs set the station to TOO1 before each launch.

ez

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

yes, I know, thanks, that's how I was doing before Mk points too.

My answer was more in thr line with OP talking about waypoints creation to assign it as WPDSG...

cheers