Mission failure results in campaign failure

Hey, thanks for the campaign - really enjoying it so far :D except one problem..

I failed mission 2 due to taking off too quickly/landing a little rough. As I went back to the menu to give it another try, the game tells me the campaign is failed, and I have to restart the entire campaign from the beginning. Is there a way to restart the mission again without losing all of the campaigns progress? These missions appear to be seperate "stories" so I don't think it's logical (or fair) to have to restart everything over for failing one mission. Or am I pressing something wrong making me start from the beginning?

I get permadeath is an option in a lot of games for players who want the extra challenge, but it would be nice to enable/disable this feature for the campaign so I can enjoy it without worrying of having to start from the beginning of the "game" each time I mess up/game crashes

Edited by Spooky32

Hey, thanks for the campaign - really enjoying it so far :D except one problem..

I failed mission 2 due to taking off too quickly/landing a little rough. As I went back to the menu to give it another try, the game tells me the campaign is failed, and I have to restart the entire campaign from the beginning. Is there a way to restart the mission again without losing all of the campaigns progress? These missions appear to be seperate "stories" so I don't think it's logical (or fair) to have to restart everything over for failing one mission. Or am I pressing something wrong making me start from the beginning?

I get permadeath is an option in a lot of games for players who want the extra challenge, but it would be nice to enable/disable this feature for the campaign so I can enjoy it without worrying of having to start from the beginning of the "game" each time I mess up/game crashes

Yes, you can play each mission separately by loading it in the mission editor. Here is the address:

C:\Users\Your name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Thanks for your feedback! Very nice! If you bought a Steam campaign, I would be glad to hear your feedback there.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this works as a workaround but also erases your flight hours etc. I think there is a problem with campaign progression. Even when you fail the mission the result should be at least 50, so you are forced to re-fly the emission but not go back in the campaign. As it is now, if you fail mission 2 the result is < 50 and you have to re-fly mission 1 (instead of 2) 🙁.