The Enemy Within 3.0 and Warthog II

Finished this campaign last week.  Played through it on 2.5.6 to avoid issues with clouds and it was a great experience!  Best single player experience in DCS I've had to date.  Now on to the F/A-18 and Raven One!

It seems like pretty much all campaigns have issues with clouds in 2.7.  I don't really know how campaign creators code weather settings, but it seems to me that the campaign creators should put some pressure on ED to fix things on their end, so that the previous weather settings are more accurately reflected in 2.7.  It doesn't really make sense for all of the campaign creators to have to go back and fix every campaign for something that ED broke on their end.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 2:27 AM, aussiegta said:

Yes thanks mate, direct download from store

Which store were you able to find this at?  I'm having the same problem.  I can't purchase through Module Manager as it just takes me to the ED Campaign page to purchase.  But, because I don't have the regular A10C, there isn't an option to buy.  And the Baltic Dragon page also points me to ED's page to purchase.  I'd really love to give this a try as I've seen that everyone loves it, but I only own the A10C-II.  Please help...anyone?  BD?  Thanks for any help you can point me to.

Cricket

On 9/12/2021 at 4:09 AM, Crotchety Cricket said:

Which store were you able to find this at?  I'm having the same problem.  I can't purchase through Module Manager as it just takes me to the ED Campaign page to purchase.  But, because I don't have the regular A10C, there isn't an option to buy.  And the Baltic Dragon page also points me to ED's page to purchase.  I'd really love to give this a try as I've seen that everyone loves it, but I only own the A10C-II.  Please help...anyone?  BD?  Thanks for any help you can point me to.

Cricket

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/ 

• 1 month later...

Communications with the wingman are all but impossible. On one mission I was able to communicate with them by using Guard channel, otherwise it's nothing but silence from the wingman. Frequencies correct, using the correct radio and not using easy comms. Have tried all radios, still no joy.  I'm going to try the A-10C version again and see if I don't have the same issues there. Playing DCS 2.7.

HP Omen 870-244, GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4, 1TB OS, 500 GB NVMe SSD, TM Warthog

On 11/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Let me know, I've tried and didn't have any problems so far.. are you sure you are using the FM radio and it is set to T/R?

I wanted to follow up--I had my mappings mixed up, once I got those sorted out all works as it should, no issues at all communicating with the wingman. When I had the same issue in A-10C campaign I knew it was an error on my part, my apologies.

Thank you for the reply, and keep up the amazing work!

• Like 1

HP Omen 870-244, GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4, 1TB OS, 500 GB NVMe SSD, TM Warthog

• 1 month later...

Just installed the campaign yesterday and ran the first mission. The volume of the radio audio from 2 and the other elements was a bit low and difficult to understand. Any way to increase? 

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

On 12/10/2021 at 9:36 AM, Ready said:

Just installed the campaign yesterday and ran the first mission. The volume of the radio audio from 2 and the other elements was a bit low and difficult to understand. Any way to increase? 

Hey! Make sure that the volume knob for FM radio is all the way up. Also under options tick “hear like in helmet” and increase the helmet volume to 100% and decrease other volumes as needed. Should help! 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

7 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey! Make sure that the volume knob for FM radio is all the way up. Also under options tick “hear like in helmet” and increase the helmet volume to 100% and decrease other volumes as needed. Should help! 

Cheers, will do

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have finished whole campaign with A-10C II. It was amazing immersive experience, so big thank you for doing it. Big plus for many references to Polish and Georgia recent real history events. Doing all tasks were big pleasure for me, for some of them I used different loadouts than it was proposed, especially APKWS with M-151 plus some additional Maverick's were really useful for most of the missions. Story line could be used as plot in awesome cinema movie.

Only small nitpick, I was missing ATC communication, event default from DCS didn't work for me. Now I can start fly Iron Flag Part One where I am fully satisfied with ATC and all departure and approach procedures. 

Everything the best for Baltic Dragon, from now I am huge fan of you 

Greetings from Wroclaw and blue sky,

Edited by SkyWolfPL

Dzięki @SkyWolfPL! The stock ATC stopped working, I suspect this is because I use FM radio for interflight comms (as was used in real life), but a recent DCS change to radios messed it up. I will need to update all the missions, kneeboard pages, frequencies etc, so basically to fix this I will need to make a general overhaul of the whole campaign. Which I probably will start as soon as I finish doing similar thing for the M-2000C Red Flag (almost there). Take care and enjoy the Iron Flag!

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to pop and say thanks to Baltic Dragon for making this campaign - it was a really great experience.  I played on 2.8.1 and did not run into any major bugs.  Quite frankly, the biggest problem was the braindead wingman AI that would frequently fly into the sides of mountains (which is a DCS problem in general , not problem with this campaign).  The best way around that was usually to order your wingman to anchor at the IP (high altitude) and then I took care of all the targets myself.  Often the default loadouts did not provide quite enough munitions to do this, so I usually added a few extra bombs/rockets/mavs and was able to take care of pretty much everything myself.

All in all, an excellent campaign!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Baltic, updating the Enemy Within 3.0 campaign for the A10C II, was that a fairly simple process for you i.e. simply swapping A10C to A10C_2 in the editor or mission file insdie the .miz? Or did you have to adjust a bunch of different things in addition to that. I am asking to get a better understanding whether it would be a lot of work for ED to finally update all the older campaigns for the A10C II (Red Flag 2016, Geargion Hammer, Sturmovik, Stone Shield). Ideally, i could completely uninstall the legacy version and fully focus on flying the upgraded A10C II.

I have edited the mission.miz with Notepad++ simply swapping A10C to A10C_2 for the player and flight members for a handful of campaign missions. Obviously its not ''update save'', and every DCS player needs to do this themselves right now. In the long run it'd be really nice if ED could do this so everybody can play with either the legacy or upgraded A10C.

• 4 weeks later...

It was more difficult than just swapping the planes, but I think it should work as you describe it - although not 100% sure if everything would work correctly as each campaign maker uses different ways to create their missions. For instance, if you had any cockpit arguments detected that would not work, as some are different for both aircraft.