VIVID NORMANDY 2.0 by Barthek

VIVID NORMANDY 2.0 by Barthek

Hello,

I am happy to present to you the newest mod from the "VIVID" series - VIVID NORMANDY 2.0. It has been in development since the release of the map. I spent many hours trying to find the best solution to make the textures look more authentic and diversified. I am aware that this iteration is not perfect and most likely contains some bugs here and there but hopefully, it will give Normandy and the UK a fresh new look. Beaware that this is just a summer set of textures - other seasons will come along a bit later. I need some extra time to fly a couple of WW2 missions to test the textures in action. I will surely make some changes to this version in the near future, so expect some patches in the upcoming days. Until then - I am leaving you with some screenshots and, of course, the download link. And I am looking forward to reading some feedback!

Have fun,

Barthek 

KeCV59O.jpg

f2XlRAv.jpg

gnk3IPo.jpg

dubcu0D.jpg

sajUz06.jpg

8GCnSkH.jpg

HxcUY7H.jpg

05zz5vu.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK: HERE

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any Normandy terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format using the download link.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME.

VIVID NORMANDY 2.0

DRY SUMMER by Barthek

The DRY SUMMER version differs significantly from the normal one. To ensure better blending between close and distant textures, I had to take the so-called "clipmaps" into account. Those files are quite heavy (about 9 GB), so I didn't include them in the MOD. You will have to edit them on your own which means the installation process will be slightly different this time. Follow the instructions carefully and you won't get lost! 🙂 I hope this new version will meet your expectations! As always, I am looking forward to reading some feedback!

Barthek

PJRWhNx.jpg

KTgbSb0.jpg

vaR2COS.jpg

IIxL2oZ.jpg

aOQmqnr.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any Normandy terrain mods (even mine), please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

EDITING CLIPMAPS:

2. Navigate to "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\clipmaps\ and make a backup copy of the "colortexture" folder. You can add "_backup" to its name.

image.png

3. Open the original "colortexture" folder, you will see the following:

image.png

4. Copy the content from "1m(spring)" and paste inside the "1m" folder. Overwrite all files when asked to. 

5. Repeat step 4 for "4m", "16m" and "64m" folders (copy the content of their "spring" equivalents and paste it inside them respectively).

6. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format using the download link: HERE

7. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

8. Activate the mod in JSGME.

HAVE FUN!

LEGACY VERSION

GTM:NORMANDY:

M8Nbx9e.thumb.jpg.c88234149ab7a8062fa224660296d4f9.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any Normandy terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format using the download link.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME.

tgJ4AGs.jpg

Edited by Barthek
NEW VERSION (DRY SUMMER)
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 13

This looks awesome

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Welcome back Barthek. :)

Thanks for your works.

• Like 3

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Could you do a texture that covers up the AGLs?
+1. In in particular wondering if a fix could be done with the grass fields however. When the light hits them at the right angle, you can see the roughmet/PBR map doesn't match the terrain. It's too shiny, glossy

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

+1. In in particular wondering if a fix could be done with the grass fields however. When the light hits them at the right angle, you can see the roughmet/PBR map doesn't match the terrain. It's too shiny, glossy

No promises but I'll see what I can do about it.

Some pics from higher altitude:

TXxKtoE.png

wiqsLrJ.png

jXGU39U.png

IW9Jdht.png

p9jW83E.png

• Like 2

Does this texture mod demand more from my video card or less or the same? Thanks for sharing. I really liked your other texture mods so I guess I will take to this one too. I use vr and need all the frames I can get so thats why Im asking.

Does this texture mod demand more from my video card or less or the same? Thanks for sharing. I really liked your other texture mods so I guess I will take to this one too. I use vr and need all the frames I can get so thats why Im asking.

Thank you! It should demand from your GPU no more than the vanila version. I haven't resized any textures whatsoever. :)

Hi Barthek, I appreciate the Caucasus Redone 2020 v1 Mod very much! Your Normandy Edition looks so refreshing and detailed.

I would think MAESTR0 and Urga Media will have no concerns, especially since I believe this Mod could help get additional sales for the beautiful Normandy Map.

Good luck. I already own Normandy and Syria, so this update will mean I fly in Normandy more often. Alternatively, if Urga Media really appreciates the MOD, they could eventually adopt it into the core textures. One can hope, either way, it is a Win-Win for all of us.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Well, frankly speaking, the mod is ready. I have sent a PM to MAESTR0 (Ugra Media), to ask the company for permission to make it public. Haven't received any answers so far :(.

It´s great to see Normandy getting some love!

My favourite Map for low flying Jets.

Looking forward the release.

• Like 2

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

Well, frankly speaking, the mod is ready. I have sent a PM to MAESTR0 (Ugra Media) to ask the company for permission to make it public. I haven't received any answers so far :(.

Barthek, any positive News from Urga Media? Or are you just doing the proper professional and gentlemanly thing by asking permission?.. either way.. good for you!

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]