How do I talk to ATC after landing?

Once I take off and then land, the ATC tells me to taxi to parking. So, I taxi to a parking ramp, and when I then contact the ATC, there are no options. I tried rearming and refueling, and I still get no options in the ATC communications sub-menu. BUI, if I shut down the aircraft, I then get the option to "startup" from the ATC menu. Is there a specific place where I supposed to park before the ATC menu starts working again?

This is especially a problem when trying to practice landing on the super carrier as the launch crew will not get in position to allow me to do a catapult launch unless I contact the ATC first.

Another minor issue is that the sub-menus of the comms menu are no black after the A-10C II update. Is this normal?

For rearming and refueling you need to contact the ground crew and not the ATC. ATC is only for startup, taxi, takeoff, landing and getting directions to the requested airfield.

Super Carrier has more ATC options and ED said they are going to overhaul the whole system for communication.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, TM T-16000 FCS FLIGHT PACK, MS , JETSEAT TURBOJET, DELAN CLIP FUSION

Modules:A10C, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick
This is especially a problem when trying to practice landing on the super carrier as the launch crew will not get in position to allow me to do a catapult launch unless I contact the ATC first.

Ground crew menu > Request launch

G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR

Aircraft: FC3, F-14B / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

I figured out the super carrier, but I'm still having issues with landing at an airport. unless I do a complete shutdown, I get no options to taxi to runway, just the "parent menu" option when contacting the tower.

It's not a game breaker, but it is immersion breaking.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

I just landed on a Carrier now as well. When I hit F5 I only have the Auto Arrival.Parking option, (which I want to cancel since I have refueled and rearmed and want to catapult out again). But now it is forcing me to park it only. And So to Park I have to shut the Aircraft Down ? then Start it up again so that I can get the permission needed to take off on the catapult ?? Heh , I think I takes my chances taking off using the length of the carrier. Clear the Decks!

Well, I chickened out and just shut the F18 down .. Looked way too short for my liking ...Water looked cold, you know...

Airfield ATC is still very primitive. We'll just have to wait for the new system...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 0.5 SteamSS 202%):

EduSYaK.png

It’s been happening for quite some time. I noticed this back in March and posted about it before.

Would be nice to get this fixed. For me it’s an annoyance when doing touch and go’s or a refuel/rearm that I can’t follow radio procedure.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/general-questions-ac/276482-atc-comm-issue

Aircraft: A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, P-51D, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-15C

Modules: Super Carrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, WWII Assets

PC: MSI 990FXA Gaming, FX-8120 3.1 GHz, 32GB Patriot Viper RAM, GTX980 4GB, 27" 1080p curved Samsung monitor, Saitek X-45 HOTAS, Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really can't see any fixes or substantial changes being made to the current ATC. I'd rather they just focused entirely on rebuilding it from the ground up anyway.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I really can't see any fixes or substantial changes being made to the current ATC. I'd rather they just focused entirely on rebuilding it from the ground up anyway.

They will... after they finish Supercarrier comms.

G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR

Aircraft: FC3, F-14B / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

Hmm, sounds weird, I'll get back to you with how it works for me.

And yes, airfield ATC is in need of a major overhaul (and starting from scratch is probably the better option), the current system is pretty bare bones in near enough every aspect...

​​

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD