Left handed joystick to use for the radar stick?

Hawkeye91

I've been searching and can't seem to find a good joystick to use as the radar stick for the Viggen. I want something with a two stage trigger for the T0 and T1 and has a wheel dial for the radar elevation pentameter. Any suggestions for a stick that could work for this? Seems my ideal stick might not exist :(

I've been searching and can't seem to find a good joystick to use as the radar stick for the Viggen. I want something with a two stage trigger for the T0 and T1 and has a wheel dial for the radar elevation pentameter. Any suggestions for a stick that could work for this? Seems my ideal stick might not exist :(

Virpil does left hand version of his t50 grip...also its space sim grip has a rotary iirc and can be used with both hands.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I would look elsewhere than obvious products. Example Logitech product for Farming Simulator.

61vdk--6ZnL._AC_SX466_.jpg

You get a three axis joystick, that you can set Z axis (twist) as mouse wheel up/down, and you have a two buttons on top of the stick. There is a big wheel at the left side too for mouse wheel.

Benefit is to as well extra buttons to be used for anything else.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I use a left-handed VKB Kosmosima grip on a Gunfighter base.

GFSCG-L_Premium_523-830x770.jpg

They have just recently released a cheaper base with the same stick grip built in, the Gladiator NXT (but make sure you get the left handed version), that also has both a throttle wheel and two rotary encoders on its base. It starts at $120.

Stand_Prem_Comp_750.jpg

Edited by aniron

wow, both of yours are awesome. I'm unfortunately too dumb and impatient to make something like that. How did you guys make them? 3D printing for a lot of it?

Thanks. Mine is indeed 99% 3d-printed, all but the ball bearings and the electronics (obviously).

Oooooh! Nice!

Gimbal or switches?

I made mine with a gimbal, but I think I could’ve used switches instead, to make it smaller and easier to fit.

It's a gimbal. It's not the best one there is, but it's small enough to fit the quite small body it. The outside wall is 55mm wide both sides iirc, with a wall thickness of 5mm.

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Thanks. Mine is indeed 99% 3d-printed, all but the ball bearings and the electronics (obviously).

It's a gimbal. It's not the best one there is, but it's small enough to fit the quite small body it. The outside wall is 55mm wide both sides iirc, with a wall thickness of .

5mm.Oooooh! Nice!

Gimbal or switches?

I made mine with a gimbal, but I think I could’ve used switches instead, to make it smaller and easier to fit

How much did these cost you guys to make and is it hard to learn how?

How much did these cost you guys to make and is it hard to learn how?

I believe mine cost about €40-50 or so.

I guess it depends on how much you know previously, learning everything from the start will obviously take some time, but very possible. I believe I've spent about 300-600h designing this stick. :D

yeah, I know...

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I believe mine cost about €40-50 or so.

I guess it depends on how much you know previously, learning everything from the start will obviously take some time, but very possible. I believe I've spent about 300-600h designing this stick. :D

yeah, I know...

You should sell them on Etsy. I'd buy one! lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm currently using Logitech pedals that are connected through an old G940 FFB flightstick that has a two-stage trigger.

Once I get a new desk for my gaming station where I can center mount my A-10 Warthog flightstick I plan on having the G940 stick to my right and use as radar stick! 🙂

• 1 year later...