HDR/Bloom lighting mod

bramski

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That terrain looks amazing Grandsurf and the balance of light and contrast looks good too, is that your own tweaked .ini?

Out of Curiosity do any of the Black Shark beta testers know if it uses Directx9? ( if that information is not classified :) ) if it does then it could use the newer DX9 version of this mod which has all the features enabled, if it is DX8 then it will obviously still work just like this one.

I emailed the Author of the ENBseries file and asked him if we could have the DX8 version of this file with more features enabled which would allow for more precise editing of the colours and possibly the water too. Hopefully I hear something back from him soon. He's Russian so Maybe one of our Russian members could drop him an Email too that way you could converse easier.

boris-vorontsov@yandex.ru

Out of Curiosity do any of the Black Shark beta testers know if it uses Directx9? ( if that information is not classified :) )

Information is public

23 February 2008

Time for a quick update:

Good news folks, we got a new build this past week. Items of interest included in this build:

- Conversion to DX9 is now complete and full shadows and Z-fighting issues have been fixed.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=445236&postcount=96

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64

Last for now, i like that Bloom :).

lo_bloom5.jpg

lo_bloom6.jpg

lo_bloom7.jpg

lo_bloom8.jpg

now you're just teasing us :D

My god that's awesome!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I missed that update Exelsior thanks for filling me in. Here's the DX9 version for any of the Black Shark beta testers that would like to try and play around with it. Hopefully all the features should work, like colour saturation, motion blur, ambient occlusion and hopefully the water and shadows too. Im not saying they will all work because they don't all work in rFactor or GTR2 but it's worth a try for the colour saturation at least.

enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip

• Like 1

I missed that update Exelsior thanks for filling me in. Here's the DX9 version for any of the Black Shark beta testers that would like to try and play around with it. Hopefully all the features should work, like colour saturation, motion blur, ambient occlusion and hopefully the water and shadows too. Im not saying they will all work because they don't all work in rFactor or GTR2 but it's worth a try for the colour saturation at least.

Thanks for that Tip.

• Like 1

Bloom Mod causes "freeze" at Alt-TAB..... you can alt-tab to desk but not back !! someone else noticed it??? :helpsmilie:

yea i cant alt tab either :(

People don't use Fullscreen game mode :P

I don't use it (unchecked Fullscreen) and can while flying talk on ICQ, Internet surfing ect, and I am not boring flying 100 km to targets hehe :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I don't use it (unchecked Fullscreen) and can while flying talk on ICQ, Internet surfing ect, and I am not boring flying 100 km to targets hehe :D

if i uncheck fullscreen my antiailasing and antiscroptic filtering wont work :joystick:

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

if i uncheck fullscreen my antiailasing and antiscroptic filtering wont work :joystick:

I check it at my PC, coz if I good remember I had AA turn on in this mode.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I never use windowed mode, i get worse FPS overall and like Graywo1f my AA and AF act all strange. Heck i never need to alt-tab, so this is no worry for me anyways :)

I never use windowed mode, i get worse FPS overall and like Graywo1f my AA and AF act all strange. Heck i never need to alt-tab, so this is no worry for me anyways :)

I use it - don't see any FPS down and can surf internet, play Windows Saper, Solitare when flying long to targets xD

ಠ_ಠ

Has anyone been able to make the HDR look more like natural lighting? Would be cool if you could upload your settings :)

YEP! that would be cool.

Didnt find the MY settings til now, ether its too blurry or its too dark. :(

And always start and exit Game gets annoying me. Any way to change settings ingame??

Very nice, but I don't think that's HDR, it's exactly the opposite, it's LDR, HDR has no over or under exposed areas, exactly because it has a High Dynamic Range and all lights levels are captured (in case of photography) or representable (in videogames). Here we see overexposed highlights that means that the range of light levels has been reduced and all lights over a specific luminosity appears as white or extremely white. btw very nice effect.

This is HDR http://www.robertomettifogo.com/immagini/paesaggi/paesaggi.htm

• Like 1

Robbie.

I see that too but its barely noticeable at game..

It disturbing at the interface tho..

From the developers notes:

BugFixMode=(0..5) every value fixes it's own unsopported feature or bug in driver or hardware. For drivers 169.xx and 171.xx do not set this parameter to 1. Values from 0 to 5 actually HDR texture formats:

0 (R32G32F)-high quality and middle performance,

1 (R32F)-high quality and fast,

2 (A32R32G32B32F)-high quality and very slow,

3 (R16F)-low quality and fastest,

4 (R16G16F)-low quality and fast,

5 (A16R16G16B16F)-low quality and middle performance.

The default setting is 3 , I tried switching it on 0 and 1 , looks much better.

I think 3 is using 16 bit, just a guess though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit