F/A-18C TGP FOV button issues

JSpidey

Hey guys, so I've been having issues that are almost intermittent, hitting the RAID/FOV button will not switch the pods FOV to narrow I almost always have to press the OSB button, this is WITHOUT HARMS btw. My left DDI could be on the SUPT/TAC menu and it will still do it, not exactly sure why this is happening, sensor select is on the TPOD as well so that's not the issue. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Like I said it's intermittent where sometimes I can hit the button, sometimes I can't and this is unrelated to having HARMS on the other DDI as it happens without HARMS even loaded. Thanks.

FOV/RAID gives priority to Mavs as well, and I believe it doesn't matter if the corresponding weapon page is pulled up, only if the weapon has been selected. Would need to see a track to know more.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

If you have Mavs, Harms, (or SLAM iirc) loaded and powered on, even if you arent on the DSPLY page for that weapon, the FOV switch still wont work for pod.

Okay, thank you for your support guys. :thumbup: In case anyone else needs to know, if you have HARMS, MAVS, or SLAMS you need to first deselect them from the STORES page in order to use your FOV HOTAS/keyboard button on your TGP. If it is selected you have to manually press the OSB button to change FOV.

Edited by ItaLiaNKiinG

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, JSpidey said:

Okay, thank you for your support guys. :thumbup: In case anyone else needs to know, if you have HARMS, MAVS, or SLAMS you need to first deselect them from the STORES page in order to use your FOV HOTAS/keyboard button on your TGP. If it is selected you have to manually press the OSB button to change FOV.

Just ran into this issue tonight.  That's a problem when trying to use the TGP to designate targets for the Mavs.  It doesn't seem like this has been acknowledged as a bug.  Is it intended behavior?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, Machalot said:

Just ran into this issue tonight.  That's a problem when trying to use the TGP to designate targets for the Mavs.  It doesn't seem like this has been acknowledged as a bug.  Is it intended behavior?

Yes, thats how it works IRL. Mav takes precedence of the HOTAS FOV command.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

This is correct as is, if you think something is still wrong please include a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Machalot said:

Been discussed many times, and ED confirm that the behaviour - no matter how illogical - is correct.

You would imagine that whatever sensor is SOI would get the FOV to command, but no.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

This is correct as is, if you think something is still wrong please include a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

I just meant it's a problem in the sense that it's a nuisance for the pilot, not that there's a bug.  Thanks for being vigilant! 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• Wags locked this topic