Ka-50 Force Feedback Trimming Issues

Grontar

Fellow Ka-50 pilots,

I come to you today because I admit I love this module; but there is a thing it really annoys me when flying the shark:

I am a MSFFB2 joystick user, and the moment I engage the force trim, the joystick itself positions itself in a different position and it would require a decent amount of force moving it from that position, making trimming the helicopter something unusable and very uncomfortable for longer sessions.

It may be something I am doing wrong regarding autopilot usage, specific Ka50 options...I really do not know anymore as I have tried different configurations with the same or no result, and this is why I find myself writing here.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments and assistance (and patience).

Kind regards!

Edited by Grontar

.- PER ASPERA AD ASTRA -.

Hi Volk,

(Thank you for your videos by the way, sweet material there).

The only way to "not fight" the stick is having the trimmer button pushed all the time, which is not comfortable either for long periods. The moment I release it to register the trim to set, it strongly & quickly positions itself in that forward-right position and stays there. as if ignoring or misreading the input.

Just to discard this can be a joystick malfunction, I have other warbird/jet/helicopter modules in which the trims/force feedback works as intended to (Huey to name one). This is why I asume is some Ka50 configuration / procedure I may be doing wrong.

Thank you again for the time and comments.

Best regards!

Thanks. The Hold-Trim one is probably the best middle ground in control and useability, but yeah, it can get tiresome. Guess it depends on stiffness and position of your trim button.

Using Flight Director is an alternative. Just you'll be doing a bit more manual piloting and a little less hands-off-stick time.

I can't help with the strength that it locks in your stick though - not lucky enough to have a FFB stick :-(

• Like 1

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

I am a MSFFB2 joystick user, and the moment I engage the force trim, the joystick itself positions itself in a different position...

The moment I release it to register the trim to set, it strongly & quickly positions itself in that forward-right position and stays there. as if ignoring or misreading the input.

Just to be sure, does the stick move away from the position where you released the trim?

It might imply that you have to play around with the FF tweaking options, I think you can reverse FF axis some how and some sticks require it to be done. Different axis for different sticks.

I too don't use any FFB stick, these advise are just from what I've read in these forums over the years.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ka-50 you hold the trimmer in whenever making cyclic inputs, on release the stick should lock exactly where you left it.

Trimmer button should be bound to right hand thumb to reflect Ka-50 cyclic trimmer button position.

If its moving after you release the trimmer then you have curves set. Remove them. No curves with FFB fyling helo's.

Also check the settings page for the Ka-50. You want the FFB with no springs option selected.

FFB strength settings for your stick should be at 100%. There should be zero resitance with trimmer held in and 100% resitance when released.

As for gertting tired holding the trimmer its something you have to adapt to as thats the intended way to fly it. Unlike the Huey there is no way to disable the trimmer in the Ka-50 or Mi-8.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

The FALSE is real, but it's not THRUTH right?

Intel i7 8700K OC4.4GHz | 16GB | GTX1080Ti | Logitech G940 | TrackIR5 |

Just to be sure, does the stick move away from the position where you released the trim?

It might imply that you have to play around with the FF tweaking options, I think you can reverse FF axis some how and some sticks require it to be done. Different axis for different sticks.

I too don't use any FFB stick, these advise are just from what I've read in these forums over the years.

+1

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Just quick update, after finding some free time today, I tried adjusting setting as you suggested in your comments for the Ka50 and I am happy to day it worked like a charm! I have no longer to fight the stick and the shark became pleasant to fly instead being an uncontrollable beast. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your cooperation, time and support.

Happy flying pals and see you around!

:pilotfly:

Hi all,

Just quick update, after finding some free time today, I tried adjusting setting as you suggested in your comments for the Ka50 and I am happy to day it worked like a charm! I have no longer to fight the stick and the shark became pleasant to fly instead being an uncontrollable beast. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your cooperation, time and support.

Happy flying pals and see you around!

:pilotfly:

Out of curiosity what all did you do for this?

Hi, to have the real experience you can use the simffb mod I posted here:https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/268933-simffb-3-2-enhanced-version-for-ffb-users

What it does, you can set forces for the trimmed state(when pressing the trimm button) of the joystick too, so you don't have a loose stick when trimmer is press continuous.