yet ANOTHER crash to desktop

I am getting close to giving up on dcs but I thought I should at least post my log to see if anyone can make sense of it. I thought I had fixed it by turning off a lot of my graphics card features and only turningup the settings to dcs to high which runs fine. I have high disp. settings but most of the anti aliasing features begin to slow things down so i usually leave them off.

It was running fine finally thought i fxed it, then after 2 sessions with no CTDs I downloaded and installed DCS Liberation, and tried playing a mission from that. I also turned on some AA display effects because I thought it could take it. But maybe not?

dcs.log

Hi Rickiling,

My bet is that your PC is struggling with the 1050 ti. That's basically the min for DCS. All flight sims are very straining on PC's.

Do a repair. Update graphics driver or roll back to an old one.

Try running DCS on very low settings first. Then slowly bring them up a little.

Turn off AA in DCS and try a little in NVIDIA control panel? (Try everything off (Performance mode etc) With that GPU, possibly be better at zero.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-760-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2159vs3649

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Edit:

Also, are you running DCS on an SSD drive? Very recommended if not.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

What's this?

C:\Users\mikey\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open '.\VCSServer\FA18C.lua'

I wouldn't accuse the 1050Ti - it's ok to run DCS at FHD. Comparable to 770 on another site:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1050-ti.c2885

Also lack of SSD is not a reason for crash.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

What's this?

C:\Users\mikey\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open '.\VCSServer\FA18C.lua'

I wouldn't accuse the 1050Ti - it's ok to run DCS at FHD. Comparable to 770 on another site:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1050-ti.c2885

Also lack of SSD is not a reason for crash.

Thanks guys, I think that C:\Users\mikey\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua is something leftover from that virtual cockpit application, although I stopped using it and have cleaned and repaired dcs many times since. I have no clue why thats in there, the file has over 6000 pages but only the first has any code written on it. Not sure if thats just because wordpad isnt meant for this file or what.

I wonder if that's your problem. My exports.lua file only has 3 lines - and that's for 3 different MOD's that I have. over 6000 pages is concerning.

Try renaming that file to .old (to effectively delete it) and see if that resolves the issue.

I don't think repairing DCS fixes your saved games stuff, just the main directory.

If this doesn't work - have you tried renaming your whole DCS.OpenBeta directory and letting DCS recreate one from scratch?

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_feed726c6560f7a7\nvwgf2umx.dll is the faulting module.

nvwgf2umx.dll is graphics related.

Review your GPU drivers, do a driver clean and update to latest, then load the game on some lower settings that dont crash inside of 30second then build up until/if they crash again. A diaxdiag submitted would help diagnose but likely wouldnt change the first advice to you.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Been having the exact same issue, headset freezes then crash to desktop. I've rolled back to the September Nvidia drivers and so far so good.

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

For me, if I have any tweak from the stock graphics card settings I get a crash. I am running Ryzen 7 3800X Asrock Taichi X570 MotherBoard 32Gigs Ram and Asrock 5700XT graphics card. I thought it was related to the graphics settings in the game. But turns out it was from using software to tweak my graphics setting trying to squeeze out some extra FPS. Since I have run factory settings on my graphics card I have not had one crash.

So quick update, game crashed again today running the older drivers so guessing that wasn't the issue.

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

I got rid of those stupid extraneous files, ran repair and cleanup again, set all my graphic settings to low and managed to last one mission just trying the new a10c 2 and trying to figure out how to use the new weapons, which was frustrating in itself because I watch ways videos and I do exactly what he says and I cant always remember every step because it's a time based instruction which means I cant always catch every little thng he mumbles. One thing I really hate about this era of flight sims is that I LIKE Manuals! I like taking my time studying the instructions and referencing the manual during game play. But the community seems to be happy making videos because the value in that is that it gets them "likes" which is fine but I miss the good old days. Maybe I should just go back to falcon BMS, atleast its completely free. The only money I spent on that sim was printing those manuals on lulu. I was happy to do it and they're beautiful. But I'm not going to give ED one more cent, I'm not. I've spent WAAAYYY too much on this program, and it's impossible. It is unfinished, buggy as hell, and it's gotten to the point where I am afraid to play it now because it makes me want to punch my screen. It's so unpleasant but I keep coming back because of the hope that MAYBE this time I'll be able to have a session in which it wont crash or bug out. Where else can I find this intense a study sim?

ugh I can barely write this post because this forum keeps cracking up now. "Invalid server response"? And the repair im currently downloading is taking forever .....hours! What happen to the torrents? Is the net neutrality thing in full affect here in the states? "This deal gets worse every time......"

They may only one fully mapped aircraft, the graphics are outdated but it's free and it's just as rigorous a study sim. God bless em.

Sorry for venting

A reminder: Repair and Cleanup only affect the main game folder and they do not even touch Saved Games / DCS location. So, If the cause of the crashes is hidden somewhere in the latter, you can keep repairing/reinstalling till the world ends and it won't help in any way. That's why the third step in such scenarious is to temporarily remove that folder (maybe with exception of controller settings files to save some time), let the game rebuild new stuff over there and see how it runs then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.