KEY BIND REQUEST

tees

Can we have

AAP steer select and page select knobs

as keybind CW/CCW i have some encoders in my virpil throttle, which i would like to bind request.jpeg

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Can we have
AAP steer select and page select knobs

as keybind CW/CCW i have some encoders in my virpil throttle, which i would like to bind

+1

I just attempted to bind these to my McLaren GT3 Fanatec wheel today - and was slightly shocked/disappointed that they were not present in the control section.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Also, I just copied your post - to the wish list section - might be better suited there, potentially.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I have the Steer Pt select knob bound thusly:

Holding the Paddle Switch as a Modifier...

Coolie Hat Left Selects Flight Plan

Coolie Hat Forward (down) Selects Mark Points

Coolie Hat Right Selects Mission Points

I realize this is not the same as being able to put them on an axis and virtually "turn the knob" but the above positions are selectable as binding choices...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

These switches are defined (in "clickabledata.lua") by the function "multiposition_switch_limited". This kind of object does not support the creation of axis commands in "default.lua". Which means, in plain English", that it's not possible to create axis commands by customizing the "default.lua".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

These switches are defined (in "clickabledata.lua") by the function "multiposition_switch_limited". This kind of object does not support the creation of axis commands in "default.lua". Which means, in plain English", that it's not possible to create axis commands by customizing the "default.lua".

Of course. Do you know if it's possible on our end to create a left and right keybind though? Like many other modules that support keybinds to move knobs left or right one step at a time like he would need for using an encoder. I'm pretty well versed in the clicakbledata and default.lua stuff, but I've never tried to do this type of command.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I have the Steer Pt select knob bound thusly:

Holding the Paddle Switch as a Modifier...

Coolie Hat Left Selects Flight Plan

Coolie Hat Forward (down) Selects Mark Points

Coolie Hat Right Selects Mission Points

I realize this is not the same as being able to put them on an axis and virtually "turn the knob" but the above positions are selectable as binding choices...

So the three positions for the rotary knob are just labeled individually and are able to be bound? I searched and didn’t find them - but would be thrilled if I just missed them...

Cheers,

Ziptie

Of course. Do you know if it's possible on our end to create a left and right keybind though? Like many other modules that support keybinds to move knobs left or right one step at a time like he would need for using an encoder. I'm pretty well versed in the clicakbledata and default.lua stuff, but I've never tried to do this type of command.

I tried! I created these 4 commands and bound them to pushbuttons for testing:

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Steerpoint Select Switch 0'), category = _('AAP')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Steerpoint Select Switch 1'), category = _('AAP')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Steerpoint Select Switch 2'), category = _('AAP')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 22, value_down = -0.1, name = _('Steerpoint Select Switch -1'), category = _('AAP')},

The different values for "value_down" had these effects on the switch position:

0 --> Plan

1 --> Miark

2 --> Mission

-1 --> Plan (same as 0)

These are irrespective of starting position. So the conclusion is that the function "multiposition_switch_limited" sends absolute values to the sim. I see no way to make it send increments.

In my opinion, ED ought to provide commands like "CW" and "CCW".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

So the three positions for the rotary knob are just labeled individually and are able to be bound? I searched and didn’t find them - but would be thrilled if I just missed them...

Yes, you should easily find them if you select category "AAP".

LeCuvier

Yes, you should easily find them if you select category "AAP".

Thank you, just bound the two rotary switches to two 12 position rotary switches on my McLaren GT3 wheel. Works great and can't believe I didn't know about this prior. Big thanks again, twice you've helped me out with binding things I've wanted bound for a long time!

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 2 years later...

Was this ever addressed or has anyone figured out how to create a custom bind for rotating the knob clockwise/counterclockwise? It would be great to have a non-positional rotary or a button/switch be able to rotate the knobs.

58 minutes ago, Vakari said:

Was this ever addressed or has anyone figured out how to create a custom bind for rotating the knob clockwise/counterclockwise? It would be great to have a non-positional rotary or a button/switch be able to rotate the knobs.

Until they add this, you can do so using Joystick Gremlin or the like.