Door Gunners not engaging (AGAIN)

Hi all!

YES this has been addressed, YES it was corrected, but seems like it has broken again.

Using the same mission file (Flight of two UH-1H. 1-1( is player, 1-2 is AI), engaging infantry targets.

while offline/single player, door gunners from both acft engage targets.

load the mission file onto my server (stand alone, same open-beta version). Only the door gunners on 1-2 (AI) engage.

check the server logs, effectively 1-1 is not engaging at all. 1-2 is engaging. ROE is set for FREE FIRE at all times. I even cycled to the settings to attempt to correct it.

seems the problem only happens in multiplayer. excerpt from the server log is below.

2020-10-15 21:38:32.647 INFO NET: client[2] occupied unit 285

2020-10-15 21:38:43.743 INFO Scripting: event:type=birth,t=46953.03,initiatorPilotName=Hawker,initiatorMissionID=285,

2020-10-15 21:38:43.745 INFO Scripting: event:t=46953.03,type=birth,initiatorMissionID=286,

2020-10-15 21:38:47.007 INFO Scripting: event:t=46956.311,type=takeoff,initiatorMissionID=286,

2020-10-15 21:38:48.241 INFO Scripting: event:type=takeoff,t=46957.546,initiatorPilotName=Hawker,initiatorMissionID=285,

2020-10-15 21:39:42.023 INFO Scripting: event:weapon=M134 Minigun,t=47011.34,type=start shooting,initiatorMissionID=286,

2020-10-15 21:39:42.071 INFO Scripting: event:weapon=M134 Minigun,t=47011.38,type=start shooting,initiatorMissionID=286,

2020-10-15 21:39:42.819 INFO Scripting: event:weapon=M134 Minigun,t=47012.13,type=end shooting,initiatorMissionID=286,

2020-10-15 21:39:43.507 INFO Scripting: event:weapon=M134 Minigun,t=47012.82,type=start shooting,initiatorMissionID=286,

285 is player, 286 is AI.

I would appreciate any suggestions to fiz this issue. Thank you.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ DCS: Air Assault Operations ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Join our Discord!

• ED Team

Hi

Can you attach a track replay, bare in mind gunner with 7.62mm will not engage anything they can not penetrate.

They seem to be working for me if I am engaging light armour or soft targets

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, thanks for the fast response!

If you browse through the first post, they are using the minigun to engage infantry. 1-2 (AI) engages, but not 1-1 (Player).

This happens only while in multiplayer using the same mission file. During single player both aircraft engage without an issue.

Join our Discord!

Interesting. It's during the day, enemy is clearly visible. And only in multiplayer. If I use the same mission file in the mission editor, gunners engage.

This issue had been resolved roughly a month ago, but it came back a few days ago. I really hope ED looks into it.

Join our Discord!

Hi, is ED looking into this at all? Gunners engaging is essential to assault operations. I hope this is being looked at. I'm not the only one with this problem. Thank you.

Join our Discord!

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried flying Mission 6 in the Argo campaign and my door and co pilot gunners are not engaging infantry units in the open with very clear fields of view and slow speeds. They WOULD engage the mortar units that were at max range off to my south, but not infantry units within 200meters of the chopper. Seems like they are busted again.

It’s absolutely ridiculous how the AI functions. I’ve built this simple mission and the AI are attacking infantry and ACP with M60 door gunners. Rockets and mini guns are not being utilised, I tell a lie, occasionally a rocket maybe fired but that’s probably because the door gunners ran out of ammo.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/missions-and-campaigns/104815-uh-1h-missions/page7#post7131170

Door Gunners and the CoPilot do not have the ability to fire rockets ... why could AI ?

and the M60 and M134 do not fire on armored vehicles (ineffective)

I thought that only the pilot could fire the rockets or am I wrong?

Who knows given the frankenstein weapons selection we have for the huey.

It looks like an Australian Bushranger except those only had fixed forward firing miniguns on the front pylons. In the Bushranger both pilots can operate the weapons (miniguns and rockets).

But what we have in DCS is actually the UH-1B/C weapon systems. In those the pilot on the left hand seat operates the minigun and the pilots on the right hand seat operates the rockets (he can also operates the miniguns when they are fixed forward)

So there's isnt any answer to the question: How do they do it IRL? because that configuration doesnt exist IRL

I haven't tested again, but I just learned about the gunner status menu where you have to tell them their ROE. I imagine mine are defaulted to "hold fire" and I simply didn't know I had to change their ROE, so they never engaged.

YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @4.7Ghz | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Odyssey Plus | Warthog HOTAS | 20cm Extension

I haven't tested again, but I just learned about the gunner status menu where you have to tell them their ROE. I imagine mine are defaulted to "hold fire" and I simply didn't know I had to change their ROE, so they never engaged.

They always default to Weapons Hold. but that was not the issue, they were really having trouble engaging. seems to have been corrected since the last 2 OB updates. Case Closed!

Join our Discord!