[CORRECT AS IS] "Boost Pumps" and "AC Gen" switches are on at cold start

Finlayson

It seems the default cold-and-dark positions of the "Boost Pumps" and "AC Gen" switches have been changed from "off" to "on" in 55960.

Is that a bug or a feature? When the aircraft is cold and dark, these should be off, right?

Same thing is true for the original A-10C Warthog.

Cheers,

Fin

It seems the default cold-and-dark positions of the "Boost Pumps" and "AC Gen" switches have been changed from "off" to "on" in 55960.

Is that a bug or a feature? When the aircraft is cold and dark, these should be off, right?

Same thing is true for the original A-10C Warthog.

Cheers,

Fin

posted elsewhere. Via an SME, this is the RL setup. The crew chief would engage 'em before the pilot boarded...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It’s OK. Correct position for cockpit preparation according manual.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

posted elsewhere. Via an SME, this is the RL setup. The crew chief would engage 'em before the pilot boarded...

All my old A-10C I habits haunted me, I was flipping them off for startup.

Good to know, I knew some startup sequences had changed, but failed to actually dig and discover.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

It mean that when you turn on the battery you immediately get all the power load from the pumps. It could damage the electrical system, no? I would be better to add this systems one-by-one, no?

That’s not how the system works. It is correct as is now to simulate how we set up the cockpit before the pilot steps to the jet.

It mean that when you turn on the battery you immediately get all the power load from the pumps. It could damage the electrical system, no? I would be better to add this systems one-by-one, no?

The MAIN and WING tank pumps are AC powered, which means you need to have the APU running and online, or the main engines running and generators switched on. Only then will the AC pumps get power and start pumping fuel.

There is a small automatic DC powered pump, that the battery will run. But it is a small pump, and only meant to provide fuel to the APU so it can start.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg