AP 3 Way switch

ebabil

• 5 months later...

@Mud Hello, can you also add the codes for 2 way ATT HDG hold and ATT STRG?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

38 minutes ago, ebabil said:

@Mud Hello, can you also add the codes for 2 way ATT HDG hold and ATT STRG?

I just tried, but couldn't get it to work properly.

Perhaps @ams999 can help out as he made the lua modification in this thread.  I just packaged it into a file to be used with OVGME.
Certain things I manage to do with the lua keybindings and switches, but others and try and fail miserably 🙂

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

That would be:

{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - STRG SEL (ATT HOLD)'),        category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - HDG SEL (ATT HOLD)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

1 hour ago, Frederf said:

That would be:

{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - STRG SEL (ATT HOLD)'),        category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - HDG SEL (ATT HOLD)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

I tried this but switch down is not recognized as a button, so i couldn't assign it to strg hold

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

No, 3 way is working since I got help from here. Now I want to use one of my 2 way switch for another assignment as well. 

Currently i am using 3 way for ap off, alt, att

And want to use a 2 way switch for ap hdg , ap strg

Youtube

The roll channel switch is a real 3-way switch with 3 positions that do 3 different things. You can bind it to just heading and steering positions but you won't be able to use the middle position.

If you want that:

{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - HDG SEL (STRG SEL)'),        category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Edited by Frederf

I don't want to bind STRG and HDG to 3 way switch. I already assigned it to AP ATT, OFF, ALT. And i don't have any more 3 way switches.

What i want is to assign STRG and HDG to a 2 way switch. But, when i try to assign switch down to set STRG hold, this movement isn't recognized by dcs as button

Youtube

10 hours ago, ebabil said:

I don't want to bind STRG and HDG to 3 way switch. I already assigned it to AP ATT, OFF, ALT. And i don't have any more 3 way switches.

What i want is to assign STRG and HDG to a 2 way switch. But, when i try to assign switch down to set STRG hold, this movement isn't recognized by dcs as button

There are two types of 2 way switches: one is on/on, the other on/off. on/on works out of the box for your intentions. For an on/off switch which you seem to have as DCS doesn't recognize the second position of your switch you need to modify the input .lua as was described to you a few posts above.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

22 minutes ago, tintifaxl said:

There are two types of 2 way switches: one is on/on, the other on/off. on/on works out of the box for your intentions. For an on/off switch which you seem to have as DCS doesn't recognize the second position of your switch you need to modify the input .lua as was described to you a few posts above.

Are there any on on switch on tm warthog? on f-14, these switches are working as i want

Youtube

All of the three-way switches on the Warthog are of type ON-OFF-ON using two buttons to represent the three positions. All of the two-way switches on the Warthog are of type ON-OFF using one button to represent the two positions. There are no ON-ON-ON or ON-ON switches. As such every use of the OFF state requires binding an action to the release event for another button. That's why ED had made and we're making more special controls which do actions on the up events.

If you really want to bind the up and down positions of the three-position AP roll switch to an ON-OFF two position Warthog switch then use:

{ down = control_commands.ApRoll, up = control_commands.ApRoll, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot ROLL Switch - HDG SEL (STRG SEL)'),        category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Personally I used the PATH-ALT/HDG-ALT switch for AP pitch channel and the ENGAGE/DISENGAGE button to cycle the AP roll channel switch. More sophisticated I actually am running a TARGET script which pulses (not holds) the AP pitch channel switch so when the solenoid de-energizes in the F-16 I see it flop off. To compliment that pulse behavior I have the middle position give a button to turn the AP pitch switch to the off position. For AP roll I have increase AP roll switch and decrease AP roll switch based on how long I press the ENGAGE/DISENGAGE button. But if one didn't want to use TARGET and didn't care about holding the AP pitch switch up/down then it would be easy to control the two AP pitch and roll switches (and get all six combinations) with the three-position switch and its neighboring button.

MapKey(&Throttle, APENG,TEMPO(DX23,DX29));    //AP Roll (Up/Down)
    MapKey(&Throttle, APPAT, PULSE+DX24);                //AP Pitch (Alt)
    MapKey(&Throttle, APAH, DX28);                               //AP Pitch (Off)
    MapKey(&Throttle, APALT, PULSE+DX25);                //AP Pitch (Att)

• 5 months later...

@ams999 hi guys, i want to use eng flow L and R switches for laser arm and master arm on/off assign.

can you give me the related lines also? 

thanks in advance

Youtube

Those are buttons 16 and 17 for L and R on the natural throttle device.

{down = mmc_commands.MasterArmSw, up = mmc_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.MMC, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MASTER ARM Switch - ARM (OFF)'), category = {_('Custom')}},

@Frederfhi, is this ready to copy paste or do I need to do something else? Can you also add lines for laser arm too?

Youtube

Ready to copy. There is a mod which enables an injection of custom input lua instead of modifying the core game files. This makes updates which overwrite these input files not erase your custom mods. If you do this sort of custom lua regularly it's an excellent method.

{ down = sms_commands.LaserSw, up = sms_commands.LaserSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('LASER ARM Switch - ARM (OFF)'), category = {_('Custom')}},

With the copy-paste line just make sure that the comma at the end is there if it's not the last entry in the file and isn't there if it is. E.g. A,A,A,A,A not A,A,A,A,A,

Worked like a charm thanks. I guess master arm setup is already there. 

Thanks again mate.

Youtube