AP 3 Way switch

ebabil

Hi

I have TMWH. Can we make 3 way switch work for AP pitch alt hold, OFF and ATT hold? Is it planned or not?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

That is working for me with the 3-way ALT / PATH switch on my Warthog throttle already.

Unfortunately I cannot check at the moment how I set it up since I'm not home. I can check tonight if nobody else has chimed in by then.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

That is working for me with the 3-way ALT / PATH switch on my Warthog throttle already.

Unfortunately I cannot check at the moment how I set it up since I'm not home. I can check tonight if nobody else has chimed in by then.

how did you make it work? it doesn't recognize off position on my end

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Come to think of it. I stand corrected. My appologies!

The OFF position does indeed not work. So what I do is map the AP on/off on the left throttle to turn it off, and then move the AP switch to the center position.

So indeed, it would be great if ED could make this work!

Spoiler

Definitely interested because it is a switch on my button box that doesn't work properly. It is programmed using the keystrokes which will work if pressed to one or two of the positions but not all and then for some reason even on those positions that do work on the keyboard, it doesn't work with the short duration press or something from my X-Keys Matrix board.

Edited by Snake122

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Yeah, with a TARGET profile it's done easily, but one of the things I like about DCS is that I don't need to run TARGET. Then I might as well start editing the DCS lua's myself.

Spoiler

TARGET is still a simple and permanent solution for everybody who doesn't want to deal with LUA files (which probably reset after each update as well).

it doesn't work with the short duration press or something from my X-Keys Matrix board.

How exactly does that Matrix board work? Does it require any software in the background to work?

This still works for me.

I do hope that they get added officially - however, if anyone wants to add some bindings already (in \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick\default.lua):

Toggle for CAT I/III:

{down = control_commands.StoresConfig, up = control_commands.StoresConfig, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('STORES CONFIG Switch - AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Left Auxiliary Console'), _('FLCS')}},

Toggle for AP pitch Alt:

{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Toggle for AP pitch Att:

{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ATT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

I usually use my initials in the name of toggles I mod into the default.lua so I can search in-game for the ones I have modded by simply searching for 'AMS'. Of course feel free to name them however you like.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

So if I add these lines to in \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick\default.lua, my TMWH AP switch will start as 3 way switch rigt? If so, will it revert with every update?

{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Toggle for AP pitch Att:
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ATT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Youtube

So if I add these lines to in \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick\default.lua, my TMWH AP switch will start as 3 way switch rigt? If so, will it revert with every update?

Correct! You'd wanna add this in the following section of that lua.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Special input for 3-pos 2-signals switches on joystick ----------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will indeed get overwritten. But you can make it into a mod and then use OVGME for ease of enabling / disabling.

Spoiler

thanks now i will try. since i don't use mods and mod installers, i guess i will make a backup file of it and overwrite everytime.

Youtube

update;

I added these lines but it didin't work. up and down are working but center is still not working

can you look at it?

there are also many files in that folder like "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.diff"

should i change those too?

default.lua

Youtube

No, just the default lua. But you have to bind your keys/buttons/switches also then in the controls setup.

I see you added a section at the bottom though of your lua file called

-- Special input for 3-pos 2-signals switches on joystick ----------------------------

That section already exists in the file. So you should not create it again. Just search for it.

Edited by Mud
Spoiler

I moved these line to that area but still not working. in control panel, it doesn't see center position as a button

thanks anyway

Youtube

You won't see center position, but it will still work if you bind your switches to the commands you'll find when you search for AMS.

Spoiler

Oh great it worked many thanks!

Youtube

Oh great it worked many thanks!

:thumbup:

Spoiler

Interesting to note, that by default the 3 way position (desired functionality) works fine on the ground from a hot start. You can sit there and flip the auto pilot from ALT, ATT, or Off with a 3 way switch. But, once you take off, it no longer works as desired.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Interesting to note, that by default the 3 way position (desired functionality) works fine on the ground from a hot start. You can sit there and flip the auto pilot from ALT, ATT, or Off with a 3 way switch. But, once you take off, it no longer works as desired.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Seems it works with FCLS in landing gain, so when landing gear are down or Air Refueling set to opened.

In cruise gain, OFF position is not recognized

Strange

I think that's because in those situations the AP doesn't actually engage and flips back to off automatically.

The hardware switch on your controller however forces the cockpit AP switch in the up position, similar to a pilot forcing the AP switch up with his finger and actively holding it there. As soon as he takes his finger off the AP switch it flips to off, never engaging.

It only *looks* like it's working in those situations but it isn't, really.

Edited by ams999
  • Like 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022