Air Combat Sim Podcast - Episode #13 - Interview with Matt Wagner from Eagle Dynamics

NineLine

An interview from Wags is always a treat. It's a great opportunity to get a glimpse behind the scenes at Eagle Dynamics and appreciate what actually goes into the making of DCS World. There were some excellent questions asked and answered. Thanks to the guys at the Air Combat Sim Podcast and to Wags for the interview!

• Like 1

NZXT H510i | ASROCK B450 Pro-4 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080Ti | 32GB G.Skill 3600 RAM | Western Digital SN750 NVME M.2 | MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | MFG Crosswind | NaturalPoint TrackIR 5

Module Icons New.png

Yup, that was a great one. The future of DCS and our hobby is looking bright. The fact that they are hiring people speaks well for the economy of it. Apparently doing hardcore simulation can be profitable. Thank you Wags, NickG and the gang for making that happen. And of course us, the rabid rabble of fanatic supporters.

I was heartened by hearing how modular the thing has become. That should ease progress in discrete directions instead of having to do everything at once in huge 3.0 chunks.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Barely breaking even with AC/C-130 ... hmmm yah, I guess we need reinforcements! Hopefully the interest grows as time goes.

It's hard to justify I totally understand ... there's no combat use to a lot of usecases to it.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• Wags unpinned this topic