[IN PROGRESS] Training Missions

Are there going to be training missions for the new version to introduce the Helmet Cueing and other new features? Was looking forward to starting to get up to speed today but no training missions in my menu. I fact, in the training menu the aircraft doesn't even show up.

I think Wags or BN said they are working on some. Training missions would be nice, but honestly Wags videos do of great job of walking through the new systems. There is a Instant Action A-10C Syria mission (if you have Syria) that is honestly great for messing with the new weapons and HMCS. Just open it in the editor and change the plane from for the A-10C to the A-10C II. I use it a lot for working thru the new systems.

There are also a few voice walkthroughs in the User Files section for all the new systems. Not official but better than nothing.

Some guys who bought the A-10C ll who never owned the Hog before won't even bother with installing A-10C. They don't have any missions/campaigns.

Isn't the old A-10C always included with the A-10C II module? At least that's my understanding.

Isn't the old A-10C always included with the A-10C II module? At least that's my understanding.

I thought BN and 9L said only those that had the C before the II was released would have both. The old A-10C is un-purchasable now, but I hadn't heard them say if new players got both.

I believe they get both but the A-10C ll can be installed by itself. I can see them thinking..."Why do I need to install the old version?"

Buzz

I believe they get both but the A-10C ll can be installed by itself. I can see them thinking..."Why do I need to install the old version?"

I see, that's a good point.

Yeah, in that case porting all the training missions hopefully happens quickly.

Hello, i'm new here and i'd like to learn to fly with the A10.

I've seen that basic flight campagn exist for this plane.

May i use new the A10 C module or it is possible to load the old one for learning and get the update later?

Edited by At_Viper

Hello, i'm new here and i'd like to learn to fly with the A10.

I've seen that basic flight campagn exist for this plane.

May i use new the A10 C module or it is possible to load the old one for learning and get the update later?

You can buy the old Hog and learn to fly it. It has a lot of missions, training missions, and campaign. Then you can add the new Hog and learn the new systems. The upgrade will be $20 by then. The $10 is only good for 30 days.

Buzz

Thanks to you two. i'm going to do this. Learning with the old module, and when i'll succed the learning campains, work with the new one.

Anyway, before using the fonctions of the new one, i'll probably need to take off, landing, and flight need to be an "automatic fonction" to be focus on spécial task .

As soon as i'm able i'd like to practice on close formation flyght, with people liked to.

Does anyone know if there is a way to add the A-10C II to the Georgian Hammer campaign?

Just open each campaign mission in the editor, and change your plane to the A-10CII. I have started playing through the campaign with the II. It's amazing how much easier it is with the HMD.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give you some news.

As you had explained, in the DCS A10C II module I've also get the old one.

As I start from zero , I learn with the french A10 C manuel, some youtube tutorials, and to valid my progress, I have started the basic flight training campagn.

Since three weeks i've started, i'm proud to have passed the two first qualifications of the campagn .

I still have a lot's of hours to spend with improve my way of flying, to find the right way to use navigation modules, and at end use the weapons !

I also would like to find some friends who'd like to practice and work the formation flight .