[CANNOT REPRODUCE, MISSING TRACK] New TACAN bug?

equinox137

After this latest update, my TACAN doesn't work at all. The icon doesn't show up on the HSI, there is only bearing info, but no distance, can't use CSEL anymore, and T/R no longer works. I had to land visually and manually. Is there a new procedure and is TACAN now borked? Thanks.

If I press T/R, then the RCV option will blank out.

but thats exactly how its supposed to work.

T/R and RCV are mutually exclusive. the first will compute azimuth and range, the second one only azimuth (so no symbol).

pic attached is me on Tonopah Test Range Airfield with channel 77 like you. however you are in RCV mode which prevents symbol and CRS line from appearing.

bcvbvcbcb.thumb.png.94b4bfd25974a715cc4bd732a8f7aaed.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

but thats exactly how its supposed to work.

T/R and RCV are mutually exclusive. the first will compute azimuth and range, the second one only azimuth (so no symbol).

pic attached is me on Tonopah Test Range Airfield with channel 77 like you. however you are in RCV mode which prevents symbol and CRS line from appearing.

i apologize...what i meant is that if i hit "T/R", RCV does go out, but it will not go into "T/R" mode. That's the trouble I've been having in a nutshell. My TACAN will not go into T/R mode.

....and now it's working. I don't know, I didn't do anything to it.

I appreciate your responding. I've just been very frustrated since getting this module. None of the tutorials for it, especially for A/G, match what this damn thing is supposed to do.

Im having issues with TACAN as well. Not working for tankers, aircraft carrier...then again Ive only seen it in Raven One, but that doesnt mean anything as Ive been flying it exclusively these past few weeks.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins