Does anyone else have problems with fictionalized track replays?

Osita

I have an interesting situation. When I'm flying I tend to perform a lot of advanced movements, often in close proximity to the ground. During the flight everything goes perfectly, and I bring the aircraft home for a safe landing. The debriefing log file even shows all the correct information, including that safe landing.

But... when replaying the mission track, the aircraft will crash into the ground when doing something where "nobody should be able to survive that kind of move"... it's almost like the system is trying to guess what should have happened instead of what did happen, taking into account the skills of an average pilot instead of the actual pilot.

It's most frustrating because I want to use these clips as the basis for tutorials, but that's difficult with the aircraft suddenly slamming into the ground or ocean at some important point, when that never happened during the actual flight.

Has anyone noticed this themselves? Is there a way to fix it? Can I edit the track file in some way?

Tracks are inherently bugged/flawed, it doesn't record your actual movements/actions but I think re-simulates the mission instead. I think of like an INS system, early on in the track it works fine and is nice and accurate, but the further you get into the track the more it drifts. I've found that anything further into the track that requires precision has no chance of working.

Tracks are inherently bugged/flawed, it doesn't record your actual movements/actions but I think re-simulates the mission instead. I think of like an INS system, early on in the track it works fine and is nice and accurate, but the further you get into the track the more it drifts. I've found that anything further into the track that requires precision has no chance of working.

Yeah....the longer the track, the more likely there will be a problem.

If you want to use tracks for videos (I do because of more camera angle options)

try to make the track as short as possible.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

[/b]

Yeah....the longer the track, the more likely there will be a problem.

If you want to use tracks for videos (I do because of more camera angle options)

try to make the track as short as possible.

It can happen early on also. On my recent mission, I started in the air with 3 other Hornets in loose combat formation. When repositioning I flew through lead's wake, just a little wobble. It was enough to send me toward the ground.

Thanks for all the responses. At least I know this problem is not due to some configuration problem, but something inherent to the game.

This is going to be frustrating, but I will just have to power through it, I guess. Is there no way to manually edit the track files?