After Syria map integration my whole DCS Multiplayer is an unstoppable crash

pepin1234

I would first delete the MP tracks if you have heaps there.

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\DCS beta stable etc\Tracks\Multiplayer

Clean out

C:\Users\Your name\Saved Games\DCS\fxo

C:\Users\Your name\Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2

2020-10-13 06:31:50.647 ERROR Dispatcher: Cannot save track: Cannot open C:\Users\ernes\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks\Multiplayer\DDCS-Modern-PG-4.19_Summer_1-20201012-231707.trk

Also increase your Page file?

2020-10-13 06:13:49.745 INFO DCS: CPU cores: 4, threads: 8, System RAM: 16282 MB, Pagefile: 12851 MB

12 Gig page file is not really enough for any server with only 16 ram I'm thinking? Try increasing it to at least 16.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team

Please follow the crash advice in my signature including the renaming of your dcs folder in saved games, and a full cleanup and repair.

If you still get a crash please attach your fresh dcs log.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I assume you are running stable, since you just updated to syria now.

Did you try a repair / clean already? Either by Command interface or SkaZilla's Updater Tool?

After this, your main directory should be perfectly fine. If you still encounter crashes, I would rename my C:\User\UserName\Saved Games\DCS\ folder (for a backup) and let DCS create a new clean one.

You can still copy over all controls again, after you made sure its running.

If you still have issues after this, I would look at your system. Maybe temperatures of your CPU/GPU or a failing SSD. Maybe the update was just a coincidence?

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Well, IMHO Graphics settings are quickly set. I would redo those, otherwise you might import wierd shader issues.

But the controls are easy. Just copy over the input folder from the renamed one to the freshly created one.

Why are you using a Pagefile limited to 16GB? How much System Memory do you have?

This could lead to a crash. When your memory is full and DCS tries to export more than 16GB the game cannot assign more.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR

Well, IMHO Graphics settings are quickly set. I would redo those, otherwise you might import wierd shader issues.

But the controls are easy. Just copy over the input folder from the renamed one to the freshly created one.

Why are you using a Pagefile limited to 16GB? How much System Memory do you have?

This could lead to a crash. When your memory is full and DCS tries to export more than 16GB the game cannot assign more.

I have 16Gb ram memory. what is the pagefile recommended to set manually?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You dont need to set anything. Windows normaly can handle the pagefile perfectly fine.

Let the system control it.

IMHO those pagefile tricks are based on Windows 98/XP times (Where there were still 10k RPM HDD and IDE Drives). In todays time they apear to be not more than placebo effects.

But hey, I might be wrong. I'm running 32GB RAM since probably 10 Years and never ran into anythin related to a "MemoryLeak" or memory related errors. Probably upgrading to 64GB just for the mind of ease.

After remove the files mentioned in the second post Caucasus and Persian map work. But kind of bad work. When I want to leave the server the Sim stay forever trying to leave the server and the memory load increase to 95% forcing me to manually close the process. Not stable by my side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I'm the same on beta.....used to be fine but gradually getting worse after more updates......i have not altered my computer and its powerful enough with super fast broadband. i fly with someone on my own server also with a friend who lives 150m away. He was fine with MP up until the last update and now he cant get on hardly any at all...we r about the same albeit different servers, approx 70% are gone.

I have done what all the above comments have advised tbh  ive always done it...made no difference at all.

I have utterly run out of ideas especially when the main 4 i used to go on i now cannot

All we get is Timed out or it tries to download and then sends you back into the MP list screen.