Bright sun reflections appear to be bubbling

Glide

Hi glide. I've never seen anything like this in DCS, at least not on the aircraft. Is it happening to your other modules?

If you want to check if a mod is involved in this, simply rename your C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta) to "DCS_backup" then do a new test.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thank you. I've played a short bit of your mission and I don't get this glitch at all on the AI Hornets.

I've compared our Nvidia settings, and I think your glitch comes from here. Please try setting these values, one by one until your find the culprit:

MFAA = Off

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias = Authorize (or whatever English equivalent you have in the combo)

Triple buffering = Disabled

Antialiasing transparency = Disabled

Antialiasing setting = 4x (the game doesn't allow more in the option menu)

I have it figured. I switched from MSAA to SSAA and it goes away.

EDIT: OK. You mean you've changed the ingame graphical options? I'm pretty sure the issue comes from a setting in the Nvidia panel.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Update on this. Turns out it was Nvidia texture filtering set to High Performance. Switching this to High Quality allowed me to go to MSAA 4X and SSAA OFF without any bubbling. This tweak guide is handy. https://tweakguides.bidecraft.com/index.html

Thanks for the tips @Flappie! Just when you think it's perfect, it gets more perfect!

Edited by glide

Mustang, yes, a combination of things. I noticed that moving from MSAA to SSAA made the affect much less noticeable but still present. Flappie's tips set me straight. Before I was trying to get Nvidia to "help" DCS look good. Now I try to keep Nvidia out of the way. :)

• 4 weeks later...

updating to latest Nvidia Driver solved this problem for me.

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube