Help! Mav option missing in MFD

sgilewicz

As the title says after this last DCS update the MAV page is unavailable in the MFD. It's simply not listed. TGP, CDU, STAT & MSG are there but NO Mav! I tried a DCS repair but no joy. The problem exists for instant action, missions and campaigns. Forum and Google searches haven't listed anything so am I unique? Any guidance is appreciated.

Radial Madness

Mav page is on the left MFD, Select your mavs from the DSMS and to the right of the DSMS theres the MAV screen osb

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

I assume this is due in part to the A-10C II cockpit upgrade. I had hoped it wouldn't affect the original. What other surprises await?! Cheers!

ED have said repeatedly that most system fixes for the new A-10C II will also be included in the old A-10C.

Personally, I think that's brilliant. Right now I'm switching between the new one (fun flying) and the old one (squadron flying; we're still on an older Stable) and it's driving me nuts how the switches are in different positions at startup, they react differently to right/left clicks, MFCDs are set up differently and the flight characteristics are different.

Everything about the new module is better, even though some of the changes will certainly take some time until my muscle memory catches up. They made it closer to the real aircraft, and that's perfectly sensible.

So, what surprises await?

- ability to pull more G

- better right/left clock consistency with newer modules

- several default switch positions in the cold jet changed

- HOTAS commands updated to reflect the real setup (not sure whether all of these will make it to the old A-10C)

- and of course the free, reworked cockpit we've gotten months ago

they react differently to right/left clicks

Don't even get me started...

If I'm having to click something in the cockpit with the mouse (rather than having it mapped to a device) I feel myself stopping and articulating in my head "now...is this left click for forward/up or is it right click?"

Airbag_signatur.png

Don't even get me started...

If I'm having to click something in the cockpit with the mouse (rather than having it mapped to a device) I feel myself stopping and articulating in my head "now...is this left click for forward/up or is it right click?"

LOL! I noticed that right away and thought "WTF, why are all the switches in different positions"? I'm really not complaining, however, since the effort that has gone into A-10C II has shown ED's dedication to the Hawg without trashing v1.0. I am truly grateful!

Radial Madness

The lack of switches consistency is incomprehensible for me.

It's known problem for years. Before C II there was a mod fixing all problems - mouse clicks and switches wrapping. It is really easy fix that can be done with a Notepad - one text file to edit.

WTF ED still didn't fix that is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.

• 6 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, Foka said:

The lack of switches consistency is incomprehensible for me.

It's known problem for years. Before C II there was a mod fixing all problems - mouse clicks and switches wrapping. It is really easy fix that can be done with a Notepad - one text file to edit.

WTF ED still didn't fix that is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.

Hello Foka,

you mentioned "one text file to edit"....... any chance you could name that file and where to find it? I presume it's an .lua file? I'd like to create a default cockpit setup so MAV is back on right MFD and TGP back on left MFD.

Since the topic here is MFD-related, I wonder if there's any way to adjust the size of the mouse cursor in cockpit? My display is 3840x2160; for whatever reason I find it quite difficult to even see the cockpit mouse cursor, adding a lot of tedium to repetitive tasks.

48 minutes ago, salsantana said:

Hello Foka,

you mentioned "one text file to edit"....... any chance you could name that file and where to find it? I presume it's an .lua file? I'd like to create a default cockpit setup so MAV is back on right MFD and TGP back on left MFD.

Since the topic here is MFD-related, I wonder if there's any way to adjust the size of the mouse cursor in cockpit? My display is 3840x2160; for whatever reason I find it quite difficult to even see the cockpit mouse cursor, adding a lot of tedium to repetitive tasks.

I was talking about switches in cockpit, not about MFCDs logic, that's completly different thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Well now that I know this, I cant finish the training mission for the MAV setup in the CII tutorial. Instructor tells me to set the right MFCD to the mav page with OSB14

4 hours ago, Dragan said:

Hello everyone, when it is already written about Maverick, is there a possibility to manually lock the target, it really irritates when I aim at the target for a long time, it is especially dangerous when SAM is involved on the ground, am I asking this feasible or not ???

Theres force correlate, but only certain mavericks can do it and Im still kind of new to it so no idea how to do so.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 5/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, Dragan said:

In the Lock On simulation you could lock the target from a certain distance, of course, I don't know how realistic it is, I just think it's realistic, the way I work from the beginning is funny, as the target approaches the maverick tracker I move left / right / up / down until it locks automatically, this is very dangerous, I'm interested in an easier way ...

Hi,  The MAV D's are a little jumpy at present and rely AFAIK on being able to see a nice contrasty target and to be within range and not outside of the cone of view.  You can manually move the seeker but it will choose whatever it sees best rather than what you want.

I would use the SPI to designate the target and keep trying TMS up short on approach until it locks.  Keep an eye on the MAV screen as if a lampost is a better contrasty, that's where it will go.  You can realign the MAV to the original target with CHINA HAT FWD LONG even if its locked and fire.

There is a newer MAV/Method coming that allows you to 'Space/Air? Stabilise' allowing you to utilise the MAV slew in conjunction with TMS meaning you can manually choose the target yourself, similar to the way you described but with better control.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 5:51 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

Well now that I know this, I cant finish the training mission for the MAV setup in the CII tutorial. Instructor tells me to set the right MFCD to the mav page with OSB14

Not sure if you have this cracked? If you press and hold OSB14 on the right hand screen for a few seconds the MFD will allow you to select the OSB function, as all the functions will appear. Push the Mav button and it will then show at OSB 14 on the 'front page'. This then will allow you to push OSB 14 when prompted triggering the training to continue.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, Dragan said:

I'm interested in an easier way ...

Are you flying with a TGP? If so at range locate and identify target with TGP and lock it up - TMS up long to set it as SPI. With Mavericks on line China Hat fwd long to slave all sensors to SPI. If flying towards the target this should slave the Mav seeker to the target. If you have Mavs selected on the LH MFD you should see the mav seeker cross move. Once on range select Mavs as SOI, push TMS forward short and you should see the cross start to blink. Release weapon.

Apologies if the above is already known.

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Nope - not that I can think of - fixed range. Not sure what you mean by 'locks to the target late'? Never had any problems - once a target is locked by the TGP and set as SPI, then all other sensors slaved should be a simple case of selecting Mav as SOI, TMS up and release. 

Maybe create a simple training mission with a couple of targets and no SAM involvement to get the process nailed and see what is achievable? 

Edited by Leg2ion