A new Jester feature request. CHECKLIST Challenge

flybull

Hello HB Team,

Firstly Id like to echo previous requests to expand Jesters capability to include relevant guidance (Speed/ROD) during approach and also BFM (speed/ALT/Hard Deck)

My request is to implement the NATOPS RIO/PILOT challenge and response Take Off Checklist, which contains 17 items read by RIO and responded to by the pilot.

I understand this would require additional recordings.

The implementation could be via "The Wheel" - ie "Initiate Before Takeoff Checklist", whereby Jester would announce each item, leaving a suitable pause for response (which can be omitted by simmer if he/she chooses). The Checklist need not be initiated if it is unwanted.

The Tomcat Takeoff checklist is long and involved, but essential to safe operation of the aircraft. It is one of the few areas in NATOPS where the required crew verbology is actually spelt out.

Small things like this would significantly add to single player immersion.

Thank you for your consideration

VR

Dave

-1 ... not for me thanks. My flying time is limited enough already.

Doesn't have to be mandatory. Just another cool thing you can do if you want to.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

-1 ... not for me thanks. My flying time is limited enough already.
Did you read the request at all? Explicitly asked for an optional item

"...which can be omitted by simmer if he/she chooses). The Checklist need not be initiated if it is unwanted."

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello HB Team,

Firstly Id like to echo previous requests to expand Jesters capability to include relevant guidance (Speed/ROD) during approach and also BFM (speed/ALT/Hard Deck)

My request is to implement the NATOPS RIO/PILOT challenge and response Take Off Checklist, which contains 17 items read by RIO and responded to by the pilot.

I understand this would require additional recordings.

The implementation could be via "The Wheel" - ie "Initiate Before Takeoff Checklist", whereby Jester would announce each item, leaving a suitable pause for response (which can be omitted by simmer if he/she chooses). The Checklist need not be initiated if it is unwanted.

The Tomcat Takeoff checklist is long and involved, but essential to safe operation of the aircraft. It is one of the few areas in NATOPS where the required crew verbology is actually spelt out.

Small things like this would significantly add to single player immersion.

Thank you for your consideration

VR

Dave

the JF17 has the coolest checklist in game bar none

for hte F14 .. you do know theres bolted on checklists right

Legit in front and back theres startup placards bolted on...

howver yes this would be a cool option

HOWEVER BEFORE THEY ADD NEW STUFF I WANT WHAT WAS PROMISED!!!!

F14A - FORRESTAL - A6E INTRUDER AI

ALSO IFF INTERROGATE AND JESTER DOING LGBS. TEXTURES FOR BOMB RACKS! THERES STILL LOTS UNFINISHED! PLEASE DONT MAKE NEW STUFF

Edited by sublime

How patronising. I did indeed ... and in the hope it was an option and doesn't become a mandatory step, I voiced my personal opinion. Not everyone agrees.

nevermind him

I made a (albeit not that good) joke in the hind forum and just got days of grief over it

I figured any post with literally

"Arnold S voice 'DO IT! DO IT NOW!' wouldnt be taken seriously..

PLEASE DONT MAKE NEW STUFF

Soft dev rookie mistake - dev teams are different people doing different things. They don't fire gfx designers because it's coding time. Nor do they fire coders when textures and models are in the works. And there'll be no time in the future when there is no bugs left.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Added Jester functionality, even if it's not voiced, would be nice.

Having at least popups of the various NATOPS procedures for emergencies for example, like hydraulic loss, engine loss, flameouts, etc. where Jester can either pop it up for you to read, or have each item come up and you can "acknowledge" it as you do it. Like I said even if it's not voiced having some kind of interactive emergency checklists is realistic to what a RIO does during emergencies, while the pilot tries to fly the jet.

And I'd still like a few more Jester options like "leave canopy up" for startup.

Frankly I'd also like the Offline Jester to be beefed up, I understand they didn't want him too superman to encourage online real human RIOs to be needed, but for offline, I want a Jester that acts like a real RIO, even if that means having his code "cheat" a bit to make it happen.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Soft dev rookie mistake - dev teams are different people doing different things. They don't fire gfx designers because it's coding time. Nor do they fire coders when textures and models are in the works. And there'll be no time in the future when there is no bugs left.

I understand diff ppl are doing diff things

however at some point if ppl are coding new stuff that means they arent coding stuff we were promised *BEFORE* or we REALLY need. Some stuff is 'hey neat' and some stuff *NEEDS* to be added because its glaring and would IRL be easy as pie-

2 examples

Jester (SP) using LGBS

Jester IFF

I understand diff ppl are doing diff things

however at some point if ppl are coding new stuff that means they arent coding stuff we were promised *BEFORE* or we REALLY need. Some stuff is 'hey neat' and some stuff *NEEDS* to be added because its glaring and would IRL be easy as pie-

2 examples

Jester (SP) using LGBS

Jester IFF

Another mistake is thinking "easy as pie" ;)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria