Afterburner detent

I didn't know there were choices. I ordered the one in the link I posted. It's white.

What's the difference in the choices offered?

Edit........I went back to my link and saw the choices. Mine is the cheapest one but I can't imagine it feeling any smoother pushing through it.

I went to purchase and the shipping and processing cost is as much as the unit itself. Was that the case when you ordered yours?

I went to purchase and the shipping and processing cost is as much as the unit itself. Was that the case when you ordered yours?

Yes, it was. I don't know why but he ships in a box that could hold 300-400 detents when a small padded envelope would work.

Buzz

Yes, it was. I don't know why but he ships in a box that could hold 300-400 detents when a small padded envelope would work.

I decided to go the cheap way...my wife's nail filer. Are you or anyone getting 100% at full mil-power? I'm only able to get 99% using the user curves.

I decided to go the cheap way...my wife's nail filer. Are you or anyone getting 100% at full mil-power? I'm only able to get 99% using the user curves.

That is DCS, the detent position doesn't match 100%. It is like that with the Hornet, and the Viper, and maybe others.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Just got done with the detent... Why oh why haven't I done this before:doh:

My main concern was filing at different angles between left and right stopper. Came out perfect and it feels just right.

This also allowed me to straighten up the curves in the axes setup. They are almost linear. As soon as I go past the bumps I can see the AB rings lighting up barely. I went to F2 view looking at the nozzles at a slight angle (at night). When you just barely enter AB, it takes 2 secs for the fuel to ignite. Of course in cockpit view you'll see a huge jump in FF.

@Drac

At low altitude the MIL will show you 98%, creeping through 99 till you climb around 7k feet, irc.

Then you'll be at 100% until roughly 26k (?). It'll creep down to around 98% past 30k.

That's what I see in DCS Hornet, would have to look it up...

Thanks everybody for your responses. Love the ability to go Mil-Power quickly without the concern of going AB.

@Gripes323 - My left stop was a little bit more difficult for me...had to work on that side a little more.

• 2 months later...