Update DTC before Engine start?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

At the moment I use my own checklist where I update the DTC after engine start, INS align and a ton of other things... but at this stage I already have my canopy closed (its loud out there on the apron).

As we have to open the canopy to get the DTC updated I wondered if it will work okay of I do the "Update the DTC" command to my ground crew before I even start the engine? Or will this bork something up?

By the way, I think it is more real that the pilot has the actual DTC already inside the cockpit when he closes the canopy... feels like he forgot it when you have to reopen the canopy.

Thank you

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello!

At the moment I use my own checklist where I update the DTC after engine start, INS align and a ton of other things... but at this stage I already have my canopy closed (its loud out there on the apron).

As we have to open the canopy to get the DTC updated I wondered if it will work okay of I do the "Update the DTC" command to my ground crew before I even start the engine? Or will this bork something up?

By the way, I think it is more real that the pilot has the actual DTC already inside the cockpit when he closes the canopy... feels like he forgot it when you have to reopen the canopy.

Thank you

The dtc autoloads everything on your first start no need to update.

The dtc autoloads everything on your first start no need to update.

For some reason I thought we have to update it ^^ I think I was misinformed on this :)

Thank you very much!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Does it also automatically pick up custom F10 map markers to make waypoints on first start, without asking ground crew to update it?

And how does it interact for example if mission already has set waypoints, but you create F10 map markers that would over-write them. Does it give priority to mission preset or marker?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4