TGP Switch option

rem27

Hi ED

Is it possible to bind an TGP ON and a TGP OFF function and let the TGP toggle switch as it is?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

REM27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi ED

Is it possible to bind an TGP ON and a TGP OFF function and let the TGP toggle switch as it is?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

REM27

Yes, you can bind the TGP forward and aft positions (on/off) but I believe you need to edit the .lua file to allow this to happen (not 100% on whether it requires a .lua edit - but certain that you can bind the TGP master switch). Should be found in the controls section, under the armament panel category.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hi ED

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

REM27

You would need to edit the "default.lua". I'm using such an edit so I can use a maintained ON/OFF switch. But if that's the only edit you would make I'm not sure it's worth it. Because, the modified file will be overwritten by the original file each time you do a repair or an update. So you would need to back up the modified file and restore the modification after the update/repair. Personally, I have added over 20 lines to that file for the A-10C II alone, and I use OvGME to manage the back-up/restore without pain.

Now if you still want to make the edit I can provide the 2 lines of code for TGP ON and TGP OFF. It's easy.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

You would need to edit the "default.lua". I'm using such an edit so I can use a maintained ON/OFF switch. But if that's the only edit you would make I'm not sure it's worth it. Because, the modified file will be overwritten by the original file each time you do a repair or an update. So you would need to back up the modified file and restore the modification after the update/repair. Personally, I have added over 20 lines to that file for the A-10C II alone, and I use OvGME to manage the back-up/restore without pain.

Now if you still want to make the edit I can provide the 2 lines of code for TGP ON and TGP OFF. It's easy.

Hi LeCuvier

Thank you very mutch for your help and for the advice to save my default.lua file with OvGME.

I have to change my F-18 lua file at every update.

I will very appreciate your help with the code to add in my default.lua file as I'm strugelling with it, I tryed myself but can't find the right code for TGP OFF :(

Can you please provide the line to add:

TGP On

TGP OFF

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide.

Reste en bonne santé toi et ta famille.

Meilleurs Salutation depuis la Suisse

REM27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi LeCuvier

Thank you very mutch for your help and for the advice to save my default.lua file with OvGME.

I have to change my F-18 lua file at every update.

I will very appreciate your help with the code to add in my default.lua file as I'm strugelling with it, I tryed myself but can't find the right code for TGP OFF :(

Can you please provide the line to add:

TGP On

TGP OFF

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide.

Reste en bonne santé toi et ta famille.

Meilleurs Salutation depuis la Suisse

REM27

He is the one who guided me to being able to bind switches from the armament panel to rockers on one of my TM Cougar MFD's - so you are in capable and helpful assistance here :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

@rem27: Here are your 2 lines of code for separate "TGP ON" and "TGP OFF" commands:

{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = 1.0, name = _('TGP Power switch ON'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = -1.0, name = _('TGP Power switch OFF'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},

This will work with 2 pushbuttons.

Personally I use this line of code:

{down = 3004, up = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('TGP switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},

It combines the ON and OFF commands into a single binding for use with a maintained ON/OFF switch.

Caution: When I first tested "your" commands, I used pushbuttons combined with the modifier "LCtrl" and they did not work. Finally I found that the commands work fine; but I have a problem with the modifier "LCtrl". I wonder whether I'm the only one with that problem.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@rem27: Here are your 2 lines of code for separate "TGP ON" and "TGP OFF" commands:
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = 1.0, name = _('TGP Power switch ON'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = -1.0, name = _('TGP Power switch OFF'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},

This will work with 2 pushbuttons.

Personally I use this line of code:

{down = 3004, up = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('TGP switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},

It combines the ON and OFF commands into a single binding for use with a maintained ON/OFF switch.

Caution: When I first tested "your" commands, I used pushbuttons combined with the modifier "LCtrl" and they did not work. Finally I found that the commands work fine; but I have a problem with the modifier "LCtrl". I wonder whether I'm the only one with that problem.

Man Thanks LeCuvier, your code did the trick. As you can see on my home made Warthog throttle addon I use a 5V Pro Mico mini-Leonardo board with 3 state switch (up/middle/down) at each state the board send a dX function (dx1 -->dx31).

I did use your base code for the HUD day/night switch using the 3006 code instead of 3004.

By the way where can I foud theses cods for the switches?

Many Thanks

Bestr Regards

Rem27

586427225_WarthogThrottleaddon.thumb.jpg.4b8e0a671e1aa8345bdf037ba554beaa.jpg

I did use your base code for the HUD day/night switch using the 3006 code instead of 3004.

By the way where can I foud theses cods for the switches?

Well you found the code 3006 for the HUD Day/Night switch in the file "clickabledata.lua" I suppose, by adding 3000 to the button number.

The other code is the "7" for the cockpit_device_id, and you find that in "devices.lua". The A-10 (I and II) require the numeric code for the cockpit_device_id. Most modules accept the mnemonic ID (AHCP in this case).

If you are interested, I have posted a tutorial under post #214 in the thread "How to set up toggle switches" in the subforum "Input and Output".

LeCuvier

Thank you LeCuvier,

Your document is very helpful :thumbup:

PM me your address and I’ll send you some Swiss chocolate ???? :smilewink:

Best Regards

Rem27

Edited by rem27