So, we're demanding?

Cintra

Some context would be great.

I also think you're being way too literal there. But if English isn't your first language then I totally get it.

No idea of the context, but I'd take it as a compliment - we're high brow consumers with high standards :lol:

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

systems and flight dynamics modelling is indeed held to a higher standard in dcs than than any other consumer entertainment product and if you want to be snarky playing internet lawyer shame on you

Edited by probad

МИР

And I quote:

"we trust that the long wait will be worth it and we hope that it will be to your demanding expectations."

Is holding ED to their promises now considered demanding? :pilotfly:

Every flight sim enthusiasts are demanding, I've found. It doesn't mean that people complain (but of course we do) in this context it means that there is high expectation.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Indeed, I'd take this as a compliment.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'll admit to being demanding and take it as a recognition of the requirements of providing a high fidelity product.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

We ARE demanding. VERY demanding, compared to most products, really. Sure, it's also what we expect sim companies to provide, but we too must recognise that we deman a LOT.

I'd say, they aren't doing it for the money, that's for sure, just make an AngryBirds type game for mobiles/tablets, make a ton more money for a teeny tiny fraction of the effort and investment. Actually I used to know a guy who wanted to start a simulations company, having been a fan of this genre for a decade. Then he figured out that going the "game app" route would be safer, and if it was profitable enough, he'd use that money to make sims. Four years later I bumped into him again, and they'd released one game app, and were just about to release another. No idea if he ever got to making a sim...

We're like the wine afficionado that never drinks anything newer than 20 years. The Ferrari owner that pisses off the Ferrari dealership in being too exacting. We are like an army of country club jerks, a Legion of Steve Jobs, in what we expect!

The only electronic games that come even remotely close to what we expect, are racing simulation drivers, IMO.

We ARE demanding. VERY demanding, compared to most products, really. Sure, it's also what we expect sim companies to provide, but we too must recognise that we deman a LOT.

I'd say, they aren't doing it for the money, that's for sure, just make an AngryBirds type game for mobiles/tablets, make a ton more money for a teeny tiny fraction of the effort and investment. Actually I used to know a guy who wanted to start a simulations company, having been a fan of this genre for a decade. Then he figured out that going the "game app" route would be safer, and if it was profitable enough, he'd use that money to make sims. Four years later I bumped into him again, and they'd released one game app, and were just about to release another. No idea if he ever got to making a sim...

We're like the wine afficionado that never drinks anything newer than 20 years. The Ferrari owner that pisses off the Ferrari dealership in being too exacting. We are like an army of country club jerks, a Legion of Steve Jobs, in what we expect!

The only electronic games that come even remotely close to what we expect, are racing simulation drivers, IMO.

LOL, very true. I mean Fortnite sold a $1B in fake clothing (skin) sales last years. A billion $$$ of fake clothes. LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

And I quote:

"we trust that the long wait will be worth it and we hope that it will be to your demanding expectations."

DCS customers range from holding DCS to a high standard, to pedantic and just plain annoying honestly. Almost everyone is fine, but there's always a unreasonable winger in every community :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I disagree - I've been an avid gamer for 20 years, and can't recall any other title of this budget that so consistently fails to deliver promised features. Look at any module's list of features pre-launch and then what is delivered on time post-launch - I'd wager ED hits about 50% of the advertised features.

There is one other game that similarly fails to meet deliverables, and that's Star Citizen, which is not exactly good company to keep.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I disagree - I've been an avid gamer for 20 years, and can't recall any other title of this budget that so consistently fails to deliver promised features. Look at any module's list of features pre-launch and then what is delivered on time post-launch - I'd wager ED hits about 50% of the advertised features.

There is one other game that similarly fails to meet deliverables, and that's Star Citizen, which is not exactly good company to keep.

Sounds like you can do better, let us know when your own studio offers us a simulation product.

Then we'll critique it, and complain of bugs and missing features, lack of realism, no 8k textures, endless stuttering on Pentium II's with 16 megs of RAM, complain that the AI doesn't behave like the Hungarian AF circa 1977, that the net code is buggy and drops to desktop. Because we are demanding of simulations.

Sure, it's true that a lot is promised, but if they didn't promise it, they'd be criticised for not even trying to offer that feature. And when it turns ugly, maybe because it's become too difficult to code, or the AI doesn't work well with the new feature, or there's not enough real world data to work from, the customer just moans endlessly.

You mention that you've never seen any other company fail to deliver on so many deliverables. Ok, fair enough. But consider no other company is even comming close to trying what ED has actually done. Look at what they HAVE delivered... look at the competition, look at how the rest don't have anything close to the complexity of what ED have acheieved, IMO.

Have ED and co been perfect? Well, no. But, no one else is even trying to match this level, and we ARE a very very demanding bunch!

Edited by Rick50

And I quote:

We make plans not promises, and plans can and do change, when they do we let you all know.

did you know 70% of statistics are made up on the spot? lol ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I hold my HOTAS with my pinkies out.

LMAO!!! Thanks for that, I needed that this morning!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

did you know 70% of statistics are made up on the spot? lol ;)

Not only that, but the average human has one testicle? So it follows that the 30% of statistics not made up on the spot may contain factual but inaccurate or useless information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

And flying DCS, it's 90% mental and the other half is physical. (In my best Yogi Berra...)

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yogi was truly the wisest man to ever pick up a bat.

And slam dunk a touchdown with it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE