[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]F-5E Pitch Trim Not working after DCS Stable 2.5.6.55960

skybaby68

After DCS 2.5.6.55960 Stable update I'm having problems with the Pitch trim on the F-5E.

The bindings are still the same & the in-game animation even shows the pitch trim rocker moving as well as the pitch trim needle showing the correct input but since the update, the trim inputs are NOT AFFECTING flight in any way. This goes also for the roll trim and the rudder trim. NO trim inputs are working for me but the animations are.

I've checked my bindings and they're all unchanged (obviously because I can see the bindings working as usual through the in game animations) and I've also gone through the menus just to see if anything's changed (such as easy flight model etc but all present, correct and as it should be).

Also after the same update, there is an intermittent problem whereby the aircraft will NOT move after engine start up.

Wheel Chocks are removed, etc, nothing I'm doing differently to what I've always done (and no I'm NOT on the grass lol) but at least 50% of the time, the aircraft will NOT move even at full power, forcing me to restart the whole flight.

Both problems have occurred since DCS 2.5.6.55960

Edited by skybaby68

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

That is mighty strange. I have a very similar setup to you (Warthog, Logitech Peddles, Jetseat etc) and it's unplayable.

I don't use mods much and since installing the new stable update, I disabled what few I use and they're still uninstalled so it's not a mod-related problem.

I've even gone into the Special F-5E settings and tried the 'Linear', 'non-linear' joystick variations and NOTHING WILL WORK.

It's so so weird. The in-sim animations along with button click sounds are working, along with the relevant trim gauge/rudder trim gauge properties changing accordingly BUT it no longer affects the flight model. (85% throttle, level flight, trimming like mad, and eventually ploughing into a hillside).

If I'd been messing around with bindings, unplugging peripherals etc, I'd at least be thinking it was a problem my end but I've touched nothing and all DCS in-sim settings/bindings seem unchanged. :(

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

That is mighty strange. I have a very similar setup to you (Warthog, Logitech Peddles, Jetseat etc) and it's unplayable.

I don't use mods much and since installing the new stable update, I disabled what few I use and they're still uninstalled so it's not a mod-related problem.

I've even gone into the Special F-5E settings and tried the 'Linear', 'non-linear' joystick variations and NOTHING WILL WORK.

It's so so weird. The in-sim animations along with button click sounds are working, along with the relevant trim gauge/rudder trim gauge properties changing accordingly BUT it no longer affects the flight model. (85% throttle, level flight, trimming like mad, and eventually ploughing into a hillside).

If I'd been messing around with bindings, unplugging peripherals etc, I'd at least be thinking it was a problem my end but I've touched nothing and all DCS in-sim settings/bindings seem unchanged. :(

I just noticed that you’re on stable. I am on OB, but since they are the same version right now I’m not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Yes hence the thread title "F-5E Pitch Trim Not working after DCS Stable 2.5.6.55960" :)

It's worth pointing out that my other modules (F/A-18C, P-47D, Harrier etc) all have the same trim inputs mapped to the same controls and they are all working fine. with this latest stable build; it's just the F-5E :(

• ED Team

Hi

Can not reproduce here all seems normal.

Might be worth checking your inputs, or resetting them completely.

If you are using unofficial mods remove them and run a full cleanup and repair or verify if steam version, it may help.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok thank you for letting me know. I've tried deleting the config folder etc but no luck so will do a clean DCS install and go from there.

Thanks for the heads up :)