Will ED version of DCS10-C allow upgrade upgrade from Steam

LaLa

I have a mixture of ED versions and Steam versions of DCS software.

In the case of the A10-C version 1 was purchased directly from ED, but I would like to buy the upgrade from Steam! Will the module manager find and authorize it?

Obviously better to buy from same source but have issues doing that.

Thanx SD, Yeah , I saw that but thought that was in reference to the Steam Version of DCS World, not the A10 module.

I noticed on the Steam page says

This content requires the base game DCS World Steam Edition on Steam in order to play.

I am not using the Steam version.....so it looks like a negative.

• ED Team

Hi

no the upgrade is only valid from the original purchase location.

steam and eshop links here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4506550&postcount=7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is it possible to transfer the license? I've done so with the rest of my planes but I don't see an option for this one.

I was unable to find a way to do this, a year or two ago, and ended up purchasing the A10C I again, so I could use it on the stable, then open beta versions. I believe this was prior to the new starforce key implementation or whatever it was called.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I was unable to find a way to do this, a year or two ago, and ended up purchasing the A10C I again, so I could use it on the stable, then open beta versions. I believe this was prior to the new starforce key implementation or whatever it was called.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I actually have the A-10 license transferred. The A-10II, however, doesn’t show up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused about this, I have A-10 steam version is working on the non steam beta version of DCS & all my other modules are the non steam version so i'm confused how i upgrade to A-10II?

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

• ED Team

It is possible to link your steam account to your dcs account and use stand alone version if you wish to.

But if you made your first A-10C purchase from steam the upgrade will only work on steam.

When you look at your DCS account and the modules on the web page it will tell you where it was purchased, if it says steam, that is where you should upgrade.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2