Master Mode toggle on Button 5 not working

Emacs

Hi there,

I‘m using a TM Warthog Hotas with TPR rudder and TrackIR 5.

The whole setup works like a charm for all DCS planes I own.

When the A-10-II arrived, they mappings were a mess, so I removed all Hotas buttons and axis and re-assigned them.

That worked fine except for one thing: I can assign the Master Mode toggle function to the TM joystick button 5 - which is where it should be. Assigning it in the controls settings works fine, button 5 is recognized when I press the button.

But in-game button 5 doesn‘t do anything. It‘s not switching the master mode.

When I go back to settings and assign another button (i.e. button 4) to master mode toggle it works. Button 4 can switch master modes in-game once assigned. Button 5 can‘t.

I have absolutely no idea what might be causing this.

Any ideas or suggestion?

Can I remove the button assignment file completely and start anew?

Cheers,

Emacs

I cannot reproduce your problem, JOY_BTN5 works fine on the A-10C II. But I have made a lot of mods so my setup is not representative. Your problem sounds suspiciously like an override from UI Layer bindings.

Go to Options/Controls and, instead of an aircraft, select "UI Layer". If you see a command in UI Layer bound to JOY_BTN5 then that's your culprit. You can bind that button to any aircraft in controls/options, but those bindings won't work in the game as the binding from UI Layer overrides them without giving you any warning. I have removed all bindings to UI Layer to prevent this issue.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Button 5 works fine on my A-10C II. No mods installed. I'm using the TM Warthog stick and throttle, together with VKB pedals and TrackIR 5.

Maybe you could try resetting to default. Mark the stick-category and press "Reset category to default". Then create a new profile for the stick. It's quite some work to do, but maybe it clears your problem.

reset_category.thumb.JPG.3f6443a253f637a4cbdc44720096e19e.JPG

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack