Syria in DCS Stable?

Wizz

Hello all,

Just curious if anyone had any insight into when Syria will make its move to DCS Stable (yes yes "two more weeks" etc...). I know it's been in OB for a while, but this now seems an inordinately long period, and the last two modules I patiently waited for (F14 and F16) seemed to swiftly arrive in stable, and for the latter still in a very raw state.

I've been here since since Moses was a child - I understand the OB-Stable matriculation - and will always continue to support this great platform, but this great marketing build up and delay moving into stable has been a touch frustrating.

If any you more informed chaps can help out it would be appreciated. The Syria map looks like a great module from Agra and I can't wait to start using it.

Cheers,

Wizz

I think they didn't release the OB into stable because of some bugs still there. There was 3 patchs of OB in a single week, highly unusual recently. So until they fix these urgent issues definitely, I don't think you will see a Stable update.

But on the other hand, they are also probably eager to push the OB to stable for those customers waiting on the A10C II as well.

I was like you (flying stable, frustrated), so I used command prompts to switch to OB. It is easy, quite fast (with a good connection), and I can fly in Syria. Once they update stable I might stay on it, but I just couldn't bear the wait. I don't think OB or Stable have to be a religious choice, you can use one or the other depending on available updates, modules, or game-breaking bugs.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I was looking for some bug fixes to the Syria map in the recent OB updates/patches, maybe well get some info in a upcoming newsletter.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• ED Team

Syria is now in the stable version of DCS, that does not mean bug fixes have stopped, we will see Ugra media adding fixes and features once they are ready.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello all,

Just curious if anyone had any insight into when Syria will make its move to DCS Stable (yes yes "two more weeks" etc...). I know it's been in OB for a while, but this now seems an inordinately long period, and the last two modules I patiently waited for (F14 and F16) seemed to swiftly arrive in stable, and for the latter still in a very raw state.

I've been here since since Moses was a child - I understand the OB-Stable matriculation - and will always continue to support this great platform, but this great marketing build up and delay moving into stable has been a touch frustrating.

If any you more informed chaps can help out it would be appreciated. The Syria map looks like a great module from Agra and I can't wait to start using it.

Cheers,

Wizz

I think you asked at the right time!

Enjoy! It's fantastic!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Syria is now in the stable version of DCS, that does not mean bug fixes have stopped, we will see Ugra media adding fixes and features once they are ready.

thanks

If people keep been crash to desktop without play stable in multiplayer how come this become stable without fix that?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks

Awesome ED! Thanks for the timely update :)

If anyone needs me, you'll know where to find me!

Anyone else having problems trying to install this?

Failed during downloading numerous times. Kept retrying and eventually got it all downloaded. But now it's constantly failing during 'unpacking'.

00037.052 ERROR: UNPACK_FAIL: (10784)->[HashError: Hash mismatch. hdr: 00000000] G:\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/terrains/Syria/Models/Crash/Crash.texture.zip

00037.119 ERROR: Download failed with 1 content fails

00037.971 STATUS: Transfer error. Please, check your firewall/antivirus settings.

Appears to crash on a different file everytime. It always blames "firewall/antivirus" despite all virus and firewall protection being turned off.

UPDATE:

Getting closer...14.1K more MB's. Now getting:

00727.234 ERROR: UNPACK_FAIL: (10640)->[GzipError: inflate: (-3) invalid distance code] G:\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/terrains/Syria/surface/Syria.surface5

00728.715 STATUS: inflate: (-3) invalid distance code

At least it saved my progress up until now. Seems I gotta get these last 14.1K MB without an error and I might be flying in Syria sometime yet today.

UPDATE2:

Dang!! The "inflate: (-3) invalid distance code" errors are consistent. Makes me wait until about 80% of that 14.1K MB are unpacked before throwing that error just to increase the suffering or something. Google searches yield very little to that error. When it does it seems to be with programmers debugging their code.

UPDATE3:

Uninstalled all the Syria downloaded files and started from scratch. This time it downloaded and installed completely through without a problem. Must of had some corrupted files from the downloading errors from before.

Edited by JimEb58