Foul deck, won't clear (mission 3)

danep

Returning from mission 3 (having restarted from "save" 3A in the mission editor), I was waved off on final because of a foul deck. And indeed, it looked like there was a Hornet with it's butt hanging way over the foul line. It might have been Smoke, I told him to kiss off a few minutes prior, but I didn't get the tail number so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I circled and tried 5 more approaches and that guy never moved, the deck stayed foul... so I ended up landing anyway and just narrowly avoiding him. And then I don't think the mission ever registered as complete. :(

What should I do if this happens again? Divert to an airfield? I don't think there's anything I can do to force-clear the deck...

Happened to me too once in the campaign, most probably same mission. Seems like a DCS:Supercarrier issue, but maybe baltic_dragon can add a workaround.

Other than that mission I haven't experienced this rest of the campaign so you should be good.

If you didn't progress to next mission use the logbook editing method to skip the mission. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2830501&postcount=181

Returning from mission 3 (having restarted from "save" 3A in the mission editor), I was waved off on final because of a foul deck. And indeed, it looked like there was a Hornet with it's butt hanging way over the foul line. It might have been Smoke, I told him to kiss off a few minutes prior, but I didn't get the tail number so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I circled and tried 5 more approaches and that guy never moved, the deck stayed foul... so I ended up landing anyway and just narrowly avoiding him. And then I don't think the mission ever registered as complete. :(

What should I do if this happens again? Divert to an airfield? I don't think there's anything I can do to force-clear the deck...

I had the exact same thing happen in this mission. I was also using the "Save" 3A. Went around twice and finally just landed and luckily didn't hit the hornet with his ass in the runway. Took a screenshot of it (attached).

Screen_201004_085910.thumb.jpg.84bc6a6ad976e609412aae63e8c34e70.jpg

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

• 2 years later...

This is still happening, both long-version and when I resumed from the final AAR.
For those running into (ha!) this issue, you can avoid collision if you line up far right and angle left, grabbing the #1 wire.

DCS World_20230326_235511_L.png

DCS World_20230326_235540_L.png

Edited by Pyrocumulous
add screenshots

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• 2 weeks later...