Harrier can take off from ground.

StevanJ

The Harrier, can take off or land, on the ground, vertically or with a run, without any mod.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

You can take off vertically, at about 23,500 lb and land vertically at about 21,500 lb on the ground.

The unique Harrier. :thumbup:

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Sorry guys, what i mean-

I make a mission where im on the ground. Literally in the middle of a field far far away.

Can i refuel?

What statics? Or ground units would i need, to enable me to refuel from that point?

Also, what happens to my wingman?

And how do i have him set down in that field with me?

Many thanks..

You require a FARP object, FARP fuel/tanker and FARP Ammo, M818 etc. not sure about the exact units required for what. You are required to be "on"/touching the FARP object (may have changed in one of the last patches. Need to check).

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You require a FARP object, FARP fuel/tanker and FARP Ammo, M818 etc. not sure about the exact units required for what. You are required to be "on"/touching the FARP object (may have changed in one of the last patches. Need to check).

Okay, ill have a look and try a few things out, What about the AI, how do i get them to land on the 'Road side FARP'?

There is a very good FARP mod by Suntsag that requires no ground units or anything - just place one of his FARP objects and you got a fully functioning FARP.

They are very compact and sit at ground level and they come in a few different sizes. I use them all the time now as I like them much more than the default FARPs in DCS.

Check them out here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273049 ( post # 8 )

To see what ground units are required to enable various FARP services on default FARPs, look in the "DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf" which is in the "Doc" folder in your DCS install. Pages 308 and 309.

unsure if this is what you wanted:

Hope it helps?

Edited by Shaundale46

Intel i7 10700K @ 3.8 Ghz / 5.1 Ghz Turbo (8Core / 16 Threads)

MSI Gforce 1660ti Armor OC Edition 6GB

32GB ( 4x8 ) DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB PC4-24000 (3000)

Win 10 64bit Professional

Crucial 500Gb SSD / Samsung 860 EVO 1TB / Samsung HDD 2TB

Logitech X52-Pro

DELANCLiP

The most effective air superiority weapon is a tank

sitting at the end of the enemy’s runway!

There is a very good FARP mod by Suntsag that requires no ground units or anything - just place one of his FARP objects and you got a fully functioning FARP.

They are very compact and sit at ground level and they come in a few different sizes. I use them all the time now as I like them much more than the default FARPs in DCS.

Check them out here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273049 ( post # 8 )

To see what ground units are required to enable various FARP services on default FARPs, look in the "DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf" which is in the "Doc" folder in your DCS install. Pages 308 and 309.

Thanks for all those informations, great mod must say!

Hopefully we see some time in the future these capabilities from the ED so everyone can share these capabilities without extra mod installing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Another good trick is put thr FARP and required items beside a flat long road! Wollagh you have a suitable short strip to takeoff with weapons. I'm a real life pilot and have landed / taken off in some RL spots that have amazed me haha! Trick is minimise the risk as much as you can and be prepared to Abort or Go Around!

99ef993b0c9afa15cb590ed4812f7a4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hi Holbeach, Can you please show me the AI landing on the ground?

Many thanks..

Your inclusion of the ai wingman came after my post and as far as I know, it will land at the nearest airport, rether than vertical land with you.

You can refuel/arm at the FARP, if you are close enough. 150 mtr.