JJAlpha or other RusNavy experts - ship ID?

3659915842-president-bush-russian-counterpart-putin-talk-jetty-black-sea-sochi.jpg

Saw this pic posted over at LockonFiles and it has been bugging me for a few days that I can't identify the ship in the background. Any idea's?

I'm assuming it a Russian ship as the pic is taken at Sochi. Initially I thought it might be a Parchim, but the superstructure looks too chunky for that. Too blurred to really tell but does it have 30mm fore and aft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Do you guys know which planes flew CAP over Sochi during this meeting?!!

Last week Head of Uncle Sam payed a visit to Croatia. USAFE Falcons from 510th Aviano AB flew CAP over Zagreb protecting AF1 and president. They were accompanied by Croatian tip of the sword MiG-21bis but only during daytime. I also heard that Bulgaian MiG-29A flew CAP last year over Sofia to protect "the package".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sv-rus got it right :) .

The ship in the picture is a Pr. 10412 patrol boat built by Almaz ship building company:

pr10412s.jpg

Project 10412

The Russian border guard operates two variants of this design - namely the Pr. 10410 and 10412.

http://www.almaz.spb.ru/home/product/10410.asp

They look very similar, but the 10412 has a small forward structure with an AK-630 mount, while the 10410 has a single barrel AK-176M artillery mount instead:

svetlyak.jpg

Pr. 10410

Too blurred to really tell but does it have 30mm fore and aft?

Yup it does indeed :) - if you look very carefully on the photo you posted, you can make out the small round outline of the AK-630 turret on top of the forward structure - so it is the 10412 variant :)

- JJ.

• Like 1

JJ

An ID from sv-rus in less than 5 hours - Fast work !!

Plus a link to more details and background info and photo's from JJAlpha - outstanding work.

But no more than one would expect from this Forum, and I think that says a lot about the people in the Lockon Community. Reps on the way....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....